Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing and your ego  (Read 7979 times)

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing and your ego
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 08:53:49 PM »

oh yeah, Go Bronco's....Manning looks goood, (sorry to get off point)

Yeah baby, I was very much impressed with Peyton and the Bronco defense as well. Like the announcer's said, "Super Bowl aspirations in Denver have just shot wayyy up."

And to keep in line with the thread's content about ego, I believe sometime that its not necessarily about ego. This is a quote : Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!

And if you don't like that one how about,

An old man in his final breaths called in his family and said "I must apologize to you all. I suppose I haven't been the perfect father and husband. I shamefully admit that I spent as much of my life as I could in the woods and on the streams. I was rarely at home during the fishing seasons and I'll admit that I spent too much time at the fly shop, and too much money on rods and lines and reels." He paused here to rest for a minute, then continued. "I've been a terrible father and I hope you all forgive me." Then he paused again and looked around. Then he closed his eyes and smiled and said in a half whisper to himself, "and on the other hand....I have caught a helluva lot of trout."

Good Fishing All !!!