Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass fishing in the lower mainland  (Read 7802 times)

tyler768

Bass fishing in the lower mainland
« on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:45 PM »

Hi there I'm a new member to fishing with rod and this is my first post
I heard from somebody about a small lake in Langley near 32nd ace that's supposed to have good bass fishing. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this lake. Or know any other spots where I could try out bass fishing. I've never fished for bass before but have been wanting to try it for a bit so if anyone has any tips it would be appreciated

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: Bass fishing in the lower mainland
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:30:05 PM »

Welcome! Check out this thread that was started two weeks ago on the same topic :D
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40109.0
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:33:15 PM by Blood_Orange »

tyler768

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:13:30 PM »

Thanks blood orange

joshuag232

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 03:09:58 AM »

Try Pitt Marsh. Also Trinity Western has a pond with them. Good luck!

Dylb

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 04:50:06 AM »

The place on 32nd you're hearing about is a small pond behind the fire hall in Brookswood. Bass are active but don't get very big, but should be an easy catch. Otherwise, if you're looking for a good place to get started bass fishing I would suggest trinity western pond. Again they don't get too big, but are easy to catch. This time of year that place is extremely weedy so fishing there is tricky... there's a small area on the far end (away from the fountains) that is still fishable.

Otherwise you could try sturgeon slough in Pitt Meadows, they get to be a fair size there, caught a 12'' there the other day which is "fair" for our neck of the woods anyway. Pitt Marsh is loaded with bass but hard to fish from shore.

Albert Dyck park in Abbotsford is also a good bet if you're looking for easy bass, regardless of size. Again, most are on the smaller side but very active. If you go here, word of advice, do not fish from the dock. Move around the lake until you find active bass.

These places don't get very deep and are completely shore fishable, so good places to get started.

Don't over complicate your tackle, most of these fish are not picky if you get them early in the morning or in the evening. Cast and retrieve lures at different depths. Bass are very opportunistic and sometimes its a matter of literally putting the lure right in front of the fish, so lots of cast and retrieve and you should get into something! Be prepared to lose some tackle for sure, these places are super weedy and filled with all kinds of garbage. I run braided 14lb+ all the way to terminal to avoid losing tackle.

When fishing closed systems like Albert Dyck and a few others, please catch and release... save fun for the rest of us. That's my two cents! Plenty more info on the internet to do some research.

Good luck!