Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Last Kick at the salty sox  (Read 1796 times)

blueback

Last Kick at the salty sox
« on: September 10, 2006, 04:07:27 PM »

Well today was the last day of sox this year (in the strait, sorry river guys). My passenger for today (my wife) changed her mind about going, last night. Too early for her (she's pregnant), just as well  as it was a little lumpy out there. So; I'm on my own for the morning. Met a couple buds in their boat at the launch and off we all go off the North Arm. I got a couple early (off the airport) and that was it!! My buddies got skunked! Lots of guys trolling off Pt. Grey though. Only saw six other fish boated. Oh well, I figure I've got all I need, so I shut down the Honda kick and light up the big merc for the rip back to MacDonald Beach. A lttle way up the Fraser I hear this metallic sounding ting ting, so I shut the main down for a look. After a cursory inspection, I drop it back in the water and relight. This time no pinging, so I engage the drive and nothing happens except the engine over-revs. :'( Okay, time to go back to the Honda kick to get home, which I do, 1.5hrs later. Good thing I was on my own because she won't go fast enough to get up-river on a low tide. Well my old boat doesn't owe me a thing, and I'm glad she waited 'till sox were over before giving up the ghost. ;D ;D Might have to get a new boat for next year. :D               

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Last Kick at the salty sox
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »

Your a trooper for heading out there anyway ;D I wish I could get all my sockeye that way.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

blueback

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 05:21:11 PM »

Thanks Man!

fishfryer

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »

fished all over today, bell buoy, fisheries, pink apartments Cap mouth, three solid hits, probably springs, no hooksets ??? ???after 6 hours out there, went back to the bell buoy, finally, a nice little sockeye. while the little guy was bonking it, another rod went, but alas, too slow. great day to be on the water, but talk about going out with a whimper!!!

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 09:53:48 AM »

So is the salt closed to socks now??  Or was it BB's last trip cuase his engine died???

blueback

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 05:35:18 PM »

So is the salt closed to socks now??  Or was it BB's last trip cuase his engine died???

Both!!