Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need ideas for Fishing Lodges or resorts on Northern Vancouver island  (Read 6822 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Need ideas for Fishing Lodges or resorts on Northern Vancouver island
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 05:57:20 PM »

True Sam, but it is a rare day indeed that the "inside", whether the Sound or in from Hardy, can match the MADNESS of being offshore on the REEL West Coast!  ;D
Not to say it ain't possible, but all things being equal...  ;)

Cheers,
Nog

aquaholic

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 06:24:55 PM »

Poor choice of words on my part-when I said inside I meant inside Barkley Sound as OP has said he's thinking about Bamfield.

I agree Coho @ Port Hardy can be crazy and it's an easy place to fish.

No worries  ;D

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »

But if ya get sea sick what is a guy to do.  Some people can be barfin one second and laughin the next.  But very,very, very few.

Use graval but use it wisely.  I think what the offshore guy suggest is take one the night before, then one in the morning as soon as you get up and then go fish and have a good time.

Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Verdi

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 07:44:30 PM »

Black Gold lodge. River Inlet

If you want a good deal, and don't mind bringing your own food, and cooking it when you want.
The rooms have kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a living room.
You can fish from sun up to sun down, don't have to be back for anything, bait , gas, and gear all included. they clean your boat and restock it when you bring it back.

If you go out with a guide service on the west coast they come back around 2-3 in the afternoon, and your day of fishing is done, at black gold you are your own guide and can stay out all day.

If you go early in the season and have a bunch of buddies you can ask for a special price.
The only thing is you have to drive and get a plane from port hardy, so if the weather is foggy your flight can be delayed..
The coho fishing was fantastic last year, but so was the whole west coast.

Bill

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 07:20:52 AM »

But if ya get sea sick whthe nihat is a guy to do.  Some people can be barfin one second and laughin the next.  But very,very, very few.

Use graval but use it wisely.  I think what the offshore guy suggest is take one the night before, then one in the morning as soon as you get up and then go fish and have a good time.

You can pick up a patch at any drug store for sea sickness just put it behind your ear the night before you go out it last for about two days no side affects.

Bill

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 08:56:21 AM »

Duvall Point Lodge is a great place, I know some guys that work there and they fish right in front of there lodge, I fish there tons in the summer and the fishing is pretty awesome. Great bunch of guys.

I have been looking for a fishing lodge as well where I could take my boat were me and the wife can do our own thing, I think we will be visiting Duvall this year, While I was looking thru there photo album I came across a pic of a huge Octopus hooked on a Halibut set up, does anyone how to get your gear back without get hurt or harming the Octopus.

Bill

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »

Duvall Point Lodge is a great place, I know some guys that work there and they fish right in front of there lodge, I fish there tons in the summer and the fishing is pretty awesome. Great bunch of guys.

I have been looking for a fishing lodge as well where I could take my boat were me and the wife can do our own thing, I think we will be visiting Duvall this year, While I was looking thru there photo album I came across a pic of a huge Octopus hooked on a Halibut set up, does anyone how to get your gear back without get hurt or harming the Octopus.

OOPS, I've messed this up, I'm not very good with the thread/link thing???

My question is about the Octopus?

Sorry for walking on your thread

Bill