Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: merritt murder  (Read 5547 times)

swampdonkey

merritt murder
« on: April 08, 2008, 03:53:11 PM »

Anyone who can please give a prayer to the 3 young children that were murdered in the town of merritt in the past few days i hope they catch this pos 

Derp

• Tight lines!
Re: merritt murder
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:08:12 PM »

whats the use of praying for the children they're dead. Maybe pray for those affected by this..
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

swampdonkey

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »

whats the use of praying for the children they're dead. Maybe pray for those affected by this..
a lot of us travel through this town i thought i would start something nice and  you come along with a smart *** remark my thoughts are with the rest of the family and freinds as well the kids went some where thats why i started this thats why my prayers are for them

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »

Derp, discretion is best used on sensitive topics. I'm not a religious individual, but I wouldn't be voicing my difference in the view on praying knowing that it may offend those who these beliefs during this tragic event.

c-pin

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »

Hmmmm .....

Now let me wade in to this. Derp; I do not know you. I do not know what experiences you may have had in your life to make such a comment. However, I will say it has got to be one of the most insensitive remarks I have heard.

I am not a religious individual. However, I have dealt with some horrific scenes while doing my job. This can sometimes shake you to your core. It also makes you question your Faith (or lack of it), and makes you wonder what the hell kind of monster does certain acts.

Many persons on this site have children; me included. I was horrified to see that on TV. My heart went out to the mother who found her 3 babies dead. My heart went out to the Police, and Paramedics who would have to attend such a horror show. This isn't "Saw" or "Hostel" or "Silence of the Lambs". It is real. This is worse.

Please think about the tone of messages sent out on this message board ...... BEFORE you send them out.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 05:00:52 PM »

umm i didnt mean anything by this, and i'm sorry if i offened anyone.. :-[
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

swampdonkey

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »

umm i didnt mean anything by this, and i'm sorry if i offened anyone.. :-[
derp i am not religious either i thought i was doing something that was right thats all

fyrslyer

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »

Anyone who can please give a prayer to the 3 young children that were murdered in the town of merritt in the past few days i hope they catch this pos 

That is a great idea, we will defenitly do that

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 07:45:49 PM »

This is very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the mother and friends.

OGrady

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 10:15:48 PM »

indeed, a tragic act

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »

Not a religious person myself but my hope is that this tragedy does not become just another bad memory and that it may provoke some changes to the way our legal/health system operates.

This guy needed serious help with his mental illness and he like many others slipped through the cracks.  Its hard not to hate him and think of him as a monster, but people should realize that if he was psychotic at the time he truly did not know what he was doing, and if he lives long enough to get back on medication, he will likely realize what he has done and be devastated as well. 

The RCMP released a statement that they actually wanted to hold him until monday because they didn't think he was stable but legally they could not detain him.  Great system we have where we can't trust the RCMP to make executive decisions like that on the fly.

Anyways sorry to hijack I don't want to start a debate in this thread about the state of our legal/health system...really I just hope that it brings about a positive change in some way.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 11:09:52 AM »

My thoughts and Prayers are with the family, I cannot find any sympathy for the sick inividual that caused this horrific event !! if he was that mentally inbalanced why didn't someone step in before it was too late ?? family , friends, police, ???? there must have been signs !!
I hate hearing about any child death, let alone three.. I only hope that the mother of the children can somehow find a way to make it through this

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 11:30:12 AM »

I too think the guy's a write off at this point TH.....I don't feel "sympathy" so to speak either.   Its just too bad.  There were plenty of warning signs, but everyone involved is passing the buck.  Bottom line is our system is one of response and not prevention.

CHUMHUNTER

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »

Well done, Swampdonkey!!!   I am a principal in the school system and I can tell you that the school those kids were in will be going through an incredible mourning period. It will never be the same. The kids and their Mother deserve our prayers and the guy who did it needs to be caught and put away. I do not know what to do with the system that allows this to happen. They had him in jail and should have kept him there. Now we have retired RCMP officers wandering around the school as security guards. I feel for the teachers of those kids as they will have to be a strength to the little ones who are still there and yet they will also have to deal with their own grief. All in all a terrible situation. Derp -- I will pray for you as well and thanks for the apology as you can see this gets people choked up. As we go about our busy lives lets remember these little ones and all that they brought in their short lives. Leaves me empty!!!!

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »

I dont think Derp meant this quote the way it was interpreted.... you guys jumped on him before he even gave an explination of what he meant. I agree praying for these children is important but I think praying for the family is more important at this point because they are going through the loss, those kids have nothing more to lose.

If you have problems with what I just said and it seems off worded to you I didn't mean this is an ill-mannered way. I know this is a touchy subject and I think the family that lost their kids are the ones that need the praying for personally.