Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bad road conditions  (Read 6178 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Bad road conditions
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »

Well ,as the snow mixed with the freezing rain made for some interesting driving to the river today . Chilliwack lake road was packed snow and ice . I just took it easy and slow and did just fine . Slipped a Little bit but otherwise made it to the top and started fishing making my way down . I did have one driver of a big brand new F350 black one , came up behind me down the stretch by the old prison and passed at a high rate of speed , just crazy man. I thought I would see him up ahead into a tree or ditch , any way he was gone passed the hatchery , I hope he made it , seemed to be in a big hurry . So ............ I didn't hit into any steel up in a few spots I tried so I worked the way down and ran into this  :( .

I hope who ever it was is ok it looked pretty bad . Happened around 1:30 , 2 ish ?
He went right off the road,  down 10 ' onto someone front property ,took out a couple trees .
All I have to say is slow down guy's , not worth ruining a day's fishing or what have you to have this happen .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Bad road conditions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »

WoW, that is one scarey looking accident, sure hope whoever was in it is okay. I'm sure glad I didn't decide to head our today after seeing that. Thanks AT for the report and the pic's.

1son

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »

Damn I hope nobody got hurt was planning on hittin the river today to

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »

That must have been why an Air ambulance was sent out today, Must have been really serious....Hope the guys are doing alright.
Id have to say even with the minimal amount of snow we got today, the Road conditions were very slick.
The Bigger The Better!

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »

Everyone not from chilliwack should stay home for the next month, right ;)

floatfisher

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »

Was a nice looking truck. Hopefully the driver is ok.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

They showed this on Global BC news hour last night . Apparently the 2 guy's are in the hospital with non life threatening injuries .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »

Everyone not from chilliwack should stay home for the next month, right ;)

Yes, maybe two months just to make sure everythings clear  ;D

fishgutz63

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »

slow down' problem solved' ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »

Livinlarge

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »

Heard about this accident talking to guys at tamahi.  Guy said someone died in the crash.  Glad to hear the guys are gonna be ok.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

no one died in the accident, me and buddy where first ones on scene, there was nothing for snow on the ground when we showed up but when first light came started snowing pretty good for a hour or 2 then turned into some freezing rain and got pretty cold on the fingures. decided to pack it in around 11:30, got to the car and left, got stopped at the tamahi light and this white truck was right behind us. light went green adn we started goin down river only goin about 40 cuz of the conditions buddy followed us for a while and i guess got a little annoyed we were goin so slow so he went to pass us got by us went to cut back into our lane and fish tailed one way then the other then down the bank he went. truck snapped a pretty decent tree in half and just missed taking out a power pole. we stopped and buddy got out and called the ambulance. driver was climing out the drivers window as the truck ended up on its passanger side. he got out and said his dad was in the truck. no bleeding what so ever suprizingly and he was concious. driver soon went into shock so we layed him down on a tarp covered him in blankets and waited for more help. funny thing is the people who lived at the house where he crashed just stood in there living room window and watched, didnt even come out and see if we needed more blankets or to see if we even had cell reception. we where there for about a hour total gave our statments and left before the helicopter showed up. passenger was ok just shakin up but truck was so bad there was no easy way of gettin him out. fire men smashed out the back window but that didnt even help. glad to see no one died though as it was quite the accident adn defenitly a reminder to slow down. instead of gettin to there next fishing spot 5 min faster they spent a day or 2 in hospital. and to make it worse for the driver. he told us and cops it wasnt even his truck. he borrowed it off his buddy because he didnt think his car would handle the snow!   ::)
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:02 AM »

no one died in the accident, me and buddy where first ones on scene, there was nothing for snow on the ground when we showed up but when first light came started snowing pretty good for a hour or 2 then turned into some freezing rain and got pretty cold on the fingures. decided to pack it in around 11:30, got to the car and left, got stopped at the tamahi light and this white truck was right behind us. light went green adn we started goin down river only goin about 40 cuz of the conditions buddy followed us for a while and i guess got a little annoyed we were goin so slow so he went to pass us got by us went to cut back into our lane and fish tailed one way then the other then down the bank he went. truck snapped a pretty decent tree in half and just missed taking out a power pole. we stopped and buddy got out and called the ambulance. driver was climing out the drivers window as the truck ended up on its passanger side. he got out and said his dad was in the truck. no bleeding what so ever suprizingly and he was concious. driver soon went into shock so we layed him down on a tarp covered him in blankets and waited for more help. funny thing is the people who lived at the house where he crashed just stood in there living room window and watched, didnt even come out and see if we needed more blankets or to see if we even had cell reception. we where there for about a hour total gave our statments and left before the helicopter showed up. passenger was ok just shakin up but truck was so bad there was no easy way of gettin him out. fire men smashed out the back window but that didnt even help. glad to see no one died though as it was quite the accident adn defenitly a reminder to slow down. instead of gettin to there next fishing spot 5 min faster they spent a day or 2 in hospital. and to make it worse for the driver. he told us and cops it wasnt even his truck. he borrowed it off his buddy because he didnt think his car would handle the snow!   ::)

Good on ya man you guys did the right thing - even besides the fact that the guy was annoyed at your driving for whatever reason and felt the need to pass you. I hat to say it but lesson learned. Glad noone was hurt, I feel for the truck owner :s

Preliator

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »

People seem to think that the bigger the truck, the more impervious to the road conditions you are. When I lived in Edmonton I saw this frequently. Glad everyone was ok.

FreshyPT

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 11:08:16 PM »

Yikes. 420247, good on you and your friend to stop and help out. Glad the son and father are alright; trucks can be fixed for another day of fishing =)
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.
~ Just Keep Fishing ~