Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Im going fishing right now! Wish me a good luck!  (Read 3828 times)

ssd0904

Re: Im going fishing right now! Wish me a good luck!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 05:56:59 PM »

Ye i might start flyfishing too. It looks really fun. I might just do both. Or do you use flies on a normal rod? ???

wizard

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 06:16:01 PM »

ssd, I first started using flies on a spinning rod when I was a little kid.  I would simply put on an "adjusta bobber"  then tie on your fly of choice!  Adjusta bobbers work pretty good, too. you can add some water to the bobber to allow for further casting distances.  Use light gear and light line.  4 lb test for trout is fine, 6 lb is good too.  an advantes to this system is on creeks or places where fly rods require room to back cast isn't needed with the adjusta bobber spinning rod setup.   I wouldn't suggest this method when using a heavy rod/line...kinda defeats the purpose imo.  using flies with this syetm is fun and is a good was to introduce yourslef to using flies.  try maybe a royal coachman. and reel slowly. maybe 6 feet between bobber and fly, but experiment, its an easy setup.  careful when casting aswell, tangles can happen easily if you're not careful.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 06:41:31 PM »

ssd, I first started using flies on a spinning rod when I was a little kid.  I would simply put on an "adjusta bobber"  then tie on your fly of choice!  Adjusta bobbers work pretty good, too. you can add some water to the bobber to allow for further casting distances.  Use light gear and light line.  4 lb test for trout is fine, 6 lb is good too.  an advantes to this system is on creeks or places where fly rods require room to back cast isn't needed with the adjusta bobber spinning rod setup.   I wouldn't suggest this method when using a heavy rod/line...kinda defeats the purpose imo.  using flies with this syetm is fun and is a good was to introduce yourslef to using flies.  try maybe a royal coachman. and reel slowly. maybe 6 feet between bobber and fly, but experiment, its an easy setup.  careful when casting aswell, tangles can happen easily if you're not careful.

Try threading the adjust-a-bubble on upside down.  It will create less wake when reeling in.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 06:45:09 PM »

I love fishing this method on Rice Lake with black micro-leaches. It`s a fun way to fish and it`s really affective!