Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Posting Fishing reports  (Read 13939 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Posting Fishing reports
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:14:25 PM »

Just want to mention something about posting fishing reports. I have been doing a bit of research and have been noticing that the pressure on certain systems are getting ridiculous. I have a feeling its from more people being online and looking at the fishing reports from the various sites. My suggestion is that people don't name the smaller systems when posting a report. If you want to make a report that awesome but I suggest you keep the name to yourself.

example:

Last year this time I would fish a certain system and arrive just before firstlight and have the place to myself. This year I went to the same spot and their were already 3 cars waiting for this small spot. Vedder reports are fine since EVERYONE knows this river inside and out. Smaller systems that don't have the access that the Vedder does doesn't need the pressure. I may sound like I am being greedy but if people put in the time they can find these spots without reading about it on these forums. This is just a suggestion as I cant force anyone to do anything they don't want to do. I would rather fish alone or with 1 maybe 2 people but not standing side by side with 20 people in a tight spot.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Posting Fishing reports
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 03:39:11 PM »

I agree and if you really want to know a spot pm him and im sure he will tell you.
weeeeeeeeeow!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 03:40:31 PM »

Well ya, look what happened to Peg Leg.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 03:50:42 PM »

v
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:14:41 AM by dennisK »

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 03:51:27 PM »

Well ya, look what happened to Peg Leg.

'Cause before the internet no one ever fished there  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 03:57:49 PM »

Last time I checked, FWR made Peg Leg and KWB. ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 04:16:36 PM »

LOL

And of course the massive expansion in housing and people moving to BC from other places has nothing to do with it, right? Have you noticed all the new homes in the Valley? Have you thought maybe it was just a direct result of more people and nothing to do with the web? What about tackle shops simply talking to MORE people? And what about all the extra traffic on the roads/hwys - are they crowded because of something on the web as well. I believe the population has almost double in the past 20 years in some lower mainland urban areas...that seems a more logical reason for having more people on lower mainland rivers - not the internet.

Also I'm curious as well, what methodology and blind tests did you conduct in your survey/analysis to reach this conclusion? (apart from one morning in a parking lot). Did you ask those people how they new about your secret spot?

Do you just like to cause problems? Infact I have asked and about 80% of the people I asked said they read reports over the net.Of course the population in the Valley is growing but not enough to double the pressure in one calendar year. Look at the sign up rates on the various forums and you will see how big these forums are becoming. I never post about where I am fishing unless its a place that everyone knows about.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:00:03 PM by Rodney »

Belong to the "4 F Club"

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 04:20:28 PM »

v
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:14:25 AM by dennisK »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 04:25:24 PM »

I did ask those people and it wasnt a parking lot but they all told me that they found the information from a website.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:01:47 PM by Rodney »

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 04:33:44 PM »

I think its been proven before its better its better to just keep ideas to yourself when it comes to telling people what to do. No one likes being told what to do and how to do it.
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 04:34:07 PM »

Do you just like to cause problems? Infact I have asked and about 80% of the people I asked said they read reports over the net.Of course the population in the Valley is growing but not enough to double the pressure in one calendar year. Look at the sign up rates on the various forums and you will see how big these forums are becoming. I never post about where I am fishing unless its a place that everyone knows about.

Is it possible that Dennis has a different point of view than you? ::) Apparently when you don't agree with someone, you can post freely to express your points because it is a public forum. However, when someone else believes there are flaws in your arguments or does not like your views, he or she is simply causing trouble and being immature?

Fishing pressure in the valley doubled in one calendar year.

So when did this doubling first begin? 10 years ago? Assuming there were 10,000 people fishing in the valley ten years ago, at this rate, there are... over 10 million people fishing in the valley this year... ;D :o

80% of the people I asked said they read reports over the net.

What is your sample size? Is the sample size large enough to minimize the margain of error so your 80% is a good representation of the valley angling population?

Look at the sign up rates on the various forums and you will see how big these forums are becoming.

1240 members since the re-establishment of this forum in August 2003. ;)

Has anyone make a comparative study between creel survey results/annual licence sales and number of fishing reports posted here/number of views?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:02:14 PM by Rodney »

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 04:36:23 PM »

I think thats check and mate. ;D
[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 04:36:32 PM »

I think its been proven before its better its better to just keep ideas to yourself when it comes to telling people what to do. No one likes being told what to do and how to do it.

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. I even said I cant TELL people not to but that its mearly a suggestion. Someone can't come on here and make suggestions without being attacked? People cant explore places anymore and have to rely on other peoples reports? People sure are becoming lazier by the minute aren't they.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

No_way

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. I even said I cant TELL people not to but that its mearly a suggestion. Someone can't come on here and make suggestions without being attacked? People cant explore places anymore and have to rely on other peoples reports? People sure are becoming lazier by the minute aren't they.

Mind your punctuation Eddie: People sure are becoming lazier by the minute, aren't they?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 04:42:06 PM »

Do you just like to cause problems? Infact I have asked and about 80% of the people I asked said they read reports over the net.Of course the population in the Valley is growing but not enough to double the pressure in one calendar year. Look at the sign up rates on the various forums and you will see how big these forums are becoming. I never post about where I am fishing unless its a place that everyone knows about. Maybe you like fishing in big crowds or maybe you just don't know any good spots other than the ones posted on the net and thats the reason you have to continually argue with everyone. Like when you belittle a 14 year old on the forum instead of sending him a PM and explaining to him what he has done wrong.

Is it possible that Dennis has a different point of view than you? ::) Apparently when you don't agree with someone, you can post freely to express your points because it is a public forum. However, when someone else believes there are flaws in your arguments or does not like your views, he or she is simply causing trouble and being immature?

Fishing pressure in the valley doubled in one calendar year.

So when did this doubling first begin? 10 years ago? Assuming there were 10,000 people fishing in the valley ten years ago, at this rate, there are... over 10 million people fishing in the valley this year... ;D :o

80% of the people I asked said they read reports over the net.

What is your sample size? Is the sample size large enough to minimize the margain of error so your 80% is a good representation of the valley angling population?

Look at the sign up rates on the various forums and you will see how big these forums are becoming.

1240 members since the re-establishment of this forum in August 2003. ;)

Has anyone make a comparative study between creel survey results/annual licence sales and number of fishing reports posted here/number of views?

Its not a conclusive study as its still in the works. Go look at FishBC's membership and its up a ton as well. Thats just members not too mention how many lurkers their are in which thier are probably a ton. I am not basing it soley on forums and the internet allot is also word of mouth, tackle shops etc but these forums have had a HUGE impact on the pressure of these rivers.

As far as Dennis goes from reading allot of his posts he seems to want to argue with everyone. I dont pick on people that dont start something with me first. He has already tried to pick on something before and if this was the first time I probably would not have reacted the way i did. I always give someone a first chance but if I see a pattern than it becomes clear to me on how someone acts.

Belong to the "4 F Club"