Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower Squamish Camping  (Read 2410 times)

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Lower Squamish Camping
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »

Hey guys,

Going camping with a few friends this week and was wondering if there is any good campgrounds in the lower end of the Squamish river or on the Mamquam? I know there is a few a little bit farther up river but was thinking of staying in the lower end.

Thanks

armytruck

• Old Timer
Re: Lower Squamish Camping
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 02:58:10 PM »

Not sure about down low on the Squamish but there is the site along side the Checkamus River .
www.sunwolf.net/contact/
http://paradisevalleycampground.net/
Hope this helps a bit  :)
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

matrix111

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 05:21:25 PM »

I am actually staying at paradise valley this weekend.  Are the fish up there in the upper part of the river or do i have better luck in Mamquam? I've never fished Squamish before and i am bringing in the wife and the kids. I would like to know where's my better chance so the kids would enjoy and the wife not to get bored.  :)

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »

We stayed at Paradise Valley 2 yrs ago during August long weekend and a couple days after. Great hosts that run the place and being able to hike along the Cheakamus within steps is also great. There was pinks rolling here and there in the odd slower spots along the Cheakamus but the river was high and very dirty (No idea what it looks like this year) so we just headed down to the Squamish to fish on the days we fished. It's a pretty quick drive especially if you park at the dogpound and just cross the Mamquam rail bridge to the fishing spots.

There is also camping at Alice lake. I'm amazed at the fact there is hardly anywhere to camp in the area of Squamish if you want to stay sort of close to the town ...... errr I mean fishing spots
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Golfer

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 06:48:12 PM »

I camped at paradise valley just under 2 weeks ago, but the fishing was poor.

River was at a great level and had about 10" vis.

The pinks however hadn't really showed up yet, only had one bite in 2 days. On our last day we gave up on the Cheakamus and stopped by the mamquam for 4 hours and we caught and released 16 pinks and lost about 20 others...

However, I'm sure more pinks are in the Cheakamus now and the fishing will be much better.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:09:49 PM by Golfer »