Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Derby Reach  (Read 2443 times)

skalett01

Derby Reach
« on: August 07, 2015, 04:04:41 PM »

Has anybody me been out the derby reach since the opening? Was planning on some slack tide fishing next week, just wondering if there has been any action there yet.

Cheers!

Stewie

Re: Derby Reach
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:05:43 PM »

I have been out numerous times on lower Fraser around new west and have not seen anything yet.. Lots of jumpers though. Just feels good to get out and chuck some spoons.

Tylsie

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 12:08:24 AM »

Seen 1 Spring caught, and two sturgeon by guys bar fishing with roe. Although one of the Sturgeon was foul hooked. I usually just go out when I can so I haven't really got it down yet, but to me you have to time the tides and the distance from the ocean. All of these fish were caught when the tide was maybe a third out. I could be crazy but to me it makes sense. Salmon come in on the rising tide and it takes them a certain amount of time to reach areas. I have a pretty solid idea where fish will be in local rivers at given times after high tide, but with the Fraser being one of the few open am hitting it harder and still learning it.   

skalett01

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 05:14:31 PM »

The last pink run, slack tide was the time to go. At all tides they were rolling and jumping, but slack tide is when they hit!  DR is full of snags, but there are a few spots that are clean, just gotta find em. I will be tossing spoons this week.

zacrum

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »

tossed spoons there all day today nothing but snaggs   and boats netting (native   so it was allowed  )      saw one guy across the river catch bag one spring  nothing else tho