Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sturgeon report Nov14  (Read 1385 times)

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
Sturgeon report Nov14
« on: November 15, 2005, 11:54:39 AM »

Headed out around 10 am launched at Haney marine blasted up to mouth of stave only one other boat on the way there. Fished the mouth for 30 min nothing went up to another hole that usually produces 30 min there notta sniff and the sounder was dead as well . So up to Hatzic Hole one other boat fishing the hole tried for 45 min not even a tap the other boat landed a small one maybe three feet we watched through the binoculars . So back down river we did the drop fish for 20 min move routine all the way back to haney in many productive hole 's  we had maybe five hits all day no fish hooked . The bait was fresh Chum roe and fresh Spring roe on the other rod .Weird for this time of year to be skunked in this stretch of the river the last three seasons have been very productive usually producing double digit days . None the less very nice day to go burn some gas and enjoy the awesome weather . I think the tides were wrong this could of been the problem as it was ebbing most of the time we were out there. It just started to turn as it was getting dark so we called it a day going again this week hopfully will have a better report.

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
Re: Sturgeon report Nov14
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 04:30:53 PM »

Ya win some and Ya lose some :)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 04:41:45 PM »

haven't been out for dinos for a while. i'd be using moldy chum right now for bait. or anything floating down the river that smells.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 05:16:30 PM »

I caught 2 from shore on saturday and will probably go back this coming saturday after coho hunting.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »

O yah uncle Linus went out on his boat today .. the SS Linus.. no luck got a few bites but that was all
crab cakes