Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gerrard Rainbow November 3rd  (Read 1802 times)

stormy

Gerrard Rainbow November 3rd
« on: November 03, 2004, 09:31:50 PM »

Had a great day out on Arrow Lake today.  We trolled north of Nakusp and back and I caught a nice 6 pound 2 ounce gerrard rainbow.  Small by most standards, but the biggest one I've caught so far.  Last week my hubby caught a 10 pound 11 ounce rainbow.  I caught mine on the surface with 2 ounces on a green/white apex.  Was a beautiful day and came home with fish.  Perfect.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 11:23:02 AM by Rodney »

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Gerrard Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:08:30 PM »

It sounds perfect stormy and good for you. A 6 LBer. is quite sizable by anyones standards, I'll have to check out Arrow Lake in the future. Thanks for the report.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 08:44:32 AM »

Thanks for the report from outside the LML.  A 6lb. is a nice sized trout.  Was it still good and scappy, or is the water temp cooling off their energy?

stormy

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 10:01:07 AM »

Thanks Athezone and grumman.   A six pound rainbow for winter fishing is in the small range compared to some of the monsters that come out of this lake.  The colder weather may bring the big ones to the top, but they still put up a great fight.  This one was jumping and running just like the 10 pounder my hubby pulled out last week.  We know some of the fishers here that regularly pull out 15 to 20 pounders in winter.

flyguy44

• who's a lama
Re: Gerrard Rainbow November 3rd
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 07:01:49 PM »

Stormy you have a P.M.
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 09:49:40 AM »

Winter Fishing?  Winter doesn't start until Dec. 21st ;D  You sound like a lower mainlander.  Anything under 10 deg is winter ;D  Keep the stories coming.  I have'nt fished that area of B.C. before.  Are there good oportunities around Revelstoke/Golden on a short term basis?  i.e. an afternoon or evening oportunity either stream or lake from shore.  Thanks in advance.

stormy

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 01:32:47 PM »

Gumman......okay...technically winter doesn't start till December sure, but I SEE snow on the mountains around here and the temp. has gone below freezing several times.  We haven't seen 10 degrees for a while.  And fishing around Revelstoke.....the fishing is pretty awesome in Lake Revelstoke.  I have friends that make a trip of it every year and they spend at least a week up there.  They say the kokanee are nice sized.  I wanted to get up there this year but didn't make it.  Maybe next year.....In the meantime, I'm hoping to get out on Upper Arrow Lake again this weekend.  I'll keep you posted. 

P.S. Wednesday an 18 pound rainbow came out of the lake.  (but not by me...)

dango

• eat my llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 07:37:03 PM »

I think the big Kokanee are in Kinbasket lake above Mica?

stormy

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 07:50:38 AM »

Dango.....just how big are the kokanee in Kinbasket lake?  I know the fertilization probram in Upper Arrow Lake is benifiting the kokanee big time.  There have been 4 and 5 pound kokanee caught here.  In the spring, one guy was trolling 50 feet down on a plug and caught an awesome 7 pound 2 oz. kokanee!!!  I think that is the record.  Haven't heard of any big ones for a while though.  I'm hoping the spring will bring me some nice sized ones.  The biggest kokanee I've caught so far was about 2 pounds.  I make gang trolls and wedding rings and they catch like crazy.  Last May was just awesome for fishing.  The best spring I've ever had.  I keep hoping for another one like it.  I can dream.