Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many winter steelhead did you catch in winter 2009/2010? (including both hatchery and wild fish)

o
1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Author Topic: 2010 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 105007 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Anybody wanna take this newb out when I come home on Thursday lol  ;D
I want to mooch other people's spots and not need to scout my own haha  :)
Head to the Limit's Hole. ;D

Every Day

• Old Timer

Head to the Limit's Hole. ;D

Good idea. I think I will go to the backside  ;D
I don't have roe. Think a 5 foot leader with a pink corky will work  ;D ;D ;D
Hopefully the river stays the same as it is now... suppose to start raining and warm up the day I head back home  :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

A little snow on the ground today, the darn East wind picked up again today and it was around -4 so I chicken out and stayed in the warm house. ???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just got in from badminton, -5 and drifting snow so it will be ugly tomorrow I would think.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

It is raining here in Maple Ridge

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Come on snow day...aka steelhead day.
The Bigger The Better!

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

Was just out in the Maple Ridge area and the main roads are ok but is nasty on the lesser roads.
Allmost fell on my butt in the driveway.
Watch out for freezing rain etc. if heading out to the valley.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any news tonight?? ;D  ???
Still cool out should be OK in the morning if it does not rain too hard. Is 1 right now and we had some freezing rain today, 2 to 4 inches of snowon the ground.

slick vic

we'll see some sun this saturday. good weather but the river will rise and less visibility tho.
more comfortable at home  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Rain this afternoon. Did not get a chance to look at it today but heard it was showing some color this afternoon.

the carp

raining real hard at dusk, lower river coloring up gotta be patient once again

bravo252

Heads up~ Guys!!! :o

My car got break in on KWB(Parking lot right next to KWR)today in between 1:30-2:00PM, lost $100 worth tackles and of course around $300 driver seat window replacement. >:(

Curse to the Thives!!! >:(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:33:24 PM by bravo252 »

waepek

Sorry to hear that bravo. I had the same thing happened to my vehicle on the 3rd week of August @ Lickman Rd. . Luckily I don't keep anything valuable inside my car but I had a tough time explaining it to my 7year old daughter. You'd think they'd back off a little because my daughter's car seat was clearly visible.   >:(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:34:05 PM by waepek »

Robert_G

Heads up~ Guys!!! :o

My car got break in on KWB(Parking lot right next to KWR)today in between 1:30-2:00PM, lost $100 worth tackles and of course around $300 driver seat window replacement. >:(

Curse to the Thives!!! >:(

What is with some of you guys? Virtually every break in I read about in these forums is a result of people leaving things in their vehicle in plain view for the thieves to steal. The funny thing is that some of you guys who get broken into complain about it on a public forum like this one....and admit that you left things your valuables in plain view.....showing everyone here that you're not bright enough to figure out why.

I've been fishing the Chilliwack/Vedder and Chehalis for almost 25 years now. 19 of those years with my own vehicle. At over 50 trips a year on average....that is over 1000 fishing trips.....and yet I've never been broken into once. I park at all the same spots as everyone else...but never been broken into. The answer to why my vehicle has never been broken into??? When someone walks by my vehicle and looks in.....they see absolutely nothing but the 'club' attached to my steering wheel. No fishing tackle, no rods, no golf clubs....or anything. If there is nothing in view...the chance of being broke into is almost nil.

Sorry to rant, but these stories about vehicle break-ins are getting a bit much.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Robert I kinda agree but go easy...
I have even parked in Lickman road when 2 other cars were broken into and my car along with 2 others were the only ones left untouched, why?
Well first of all my car isn't all that great, secondly I keep my glove box open and every other compartment open and leave NOTHING in my vehicle.
My trunk is also fully exposed (big window) and nothing is in there so they have no reason to break in.
In my opinion if you want to avoid breakins, leave EVERYTHING open and leave NOTHING visible in your vehicle, these guys will break in for a nickel.
I even know some that leave their doors unlocked in their old beaters, or leave their windows rolled down so they cant break them (in summer).

1 more day till Im home.
Hopefully the river doesnt blow out too bad so I can fish on Saturday and Sunday.  ;D ;D