Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison River meets Harrison Lake  (Read 2220 times)

kevzabob

Harrison River meets Harrison Lake
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »

Hi, has anyone ever fished on shore where the Harrison river meets the Harrison Lake.
Im going up there for a couple of days and was wondering if salmon run up that far?

Also if there is trout this time of year.

thanks

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: Harrison River meets Harrison Lake
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:01:20 PM »

Salmon run up there, fished from the boat at the mouth a lot. Trout and salmon, and whitefish. May be a bit late for salmon.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Harrison River meets Harrison Lake
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »

I you mean where the Lake empties into the river just near the resort, I would think there are not many salmon going by there now. I've never been there but I understand the river is a) slow b) has high rocky bank and not much beach, There might be some beach available along the lake and it's possible to find some trout there. If you have a boat the river may offer some chance but I think it would be better if you could go down closer to the mouth of Morris Slough by boat. There still are coho and some chum in the river itself so it should be worthwhile if you are up there in any event.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.