Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 150370 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Rain? That's bad news as well, like everything else. ;)

milo

• Old Timer

Hahaha.. whatever you say, old man! Pretty sure the "next" generation is way more hip to environmental impact than those that went before.

Since I am Rod's cohort, I'll take you called me old, too! :P
I have to agree with Rod somewhat. There were really VERY few millennials at the river cleanup event last Sunday, Tex. 99% of attendees were boomers and Gen X-ers, many with kids in tow.

Millennials are very well informed about environmental issues, and have some incredible technology at their disposal.
Sadly, far too many of them use it mostly to snap selfies and chat. I see it at work every day.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

Agreed regarding millennials being preoccupied with snapchat and selfies.

Agreed with millennials being underrepresented at the clean-up (I'll have to take your word for it, I wasn't there either).

Totally disagree with millennials being the primary cause of the mess on the river.

milo

• Old Timer

Agreed regarding millennials being preoccupied with snapchat and selfies.

Agreed with millennials being underrepresented at the clean-up (I'll have to take your word for it, I wasn't there either).

Totally disagree with millennials being the primary cause of the mess on the river.

Fishing millennials probably not. But tubing and camping millenials? You can bet your home on it!
But I wouldn't blame the generation for that; it's simply the fact that they are in their late teens and early 20's...not exactly an age of elevated responsibility for most.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:25:37 AM by milo »

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

Hmmmm... ok didn't think about the non-fishing side of it, and yes that group is a mess. Point made and taken - I retract my earlier comment and concede that Rod is correct regarding the camping/tubing set. Ugh, what disasters they have been.

PS - and yes, I called you old too Milo! Hell, I'm pretty up there myself these days! LOL
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:26:31 AM by Tex »

ali2pali

Is this the river politics/whats wrong with everyone or the fishing conditions thread? Has anyone fished recently?

poper

How old are millennial I'm trying to figure out we're I'm at, lol,so are these the ones if there having a bad day on the river and are upset about the cost of licenses, they bring bags of garbage to throw around? Lmao

Aki

Went fishing on the lower river and saw a few cohos caught. Unfortunately not by me. Landed a large buck chum, gently released. Also, landed a couple of very clean adult springs, one of which was a doe, and will be doing some smoking of the fish this weekend. Quite a few fish in the river but the waters are very low and clear, so light, light tackle is required, at least for me.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

Millennials are born in the early eighties and go to mid nineties. i fall into this category but without the symptoms.

if i see garbage chuckers i call them out. nothing makes me madder than people who dump their stuff illegally whether is at the river or in the city.

milo

• Old Timer

Millennials are born in the early eighties and go to mid nineties.

Yes, and there are some rather responsible individuals in this cohort. I think that those who are really messed up in more ways than one are called the Generation Z, or the iGeneration, born in the mid to late 90's and early 00's. They are in their teens and early twenties now and...no comments.  :-\
Hopefully, they'll grow out of it.

DanL

• Old Timer

Every generation thinks the next generation is going to be the downfall of society. Once it was the baby-boomers rebelling with their rock-n-roll and hippie drug parties, then Gen-X was a bunch of lazy slackers with their devil worshipping heavy metal grunge rap while playing Dungeons and Dragons when all they really needed was a haircut, now its self-entitled Millenial whiners who only care about social media and selfies. It’s called being young. Some of you might even remember that.

As for the Vedder, scouted out some of the old spots a couple weeks back and there are some changes as expected while. Will definitely need to explore more in the early season to find where the new honey holes are. Also noticed that those huge gravel extraction pits from last year didn’t fill in as much as I expected.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

Rod you might as well Delete or lock this thread as its turned into the same BS that the Pink and Chum thread turned into or just create a cry babies thread where everyone can go to.

This thread is reserved for reports to do with chilliwack river and fishing.

The "World Rivers Day On The Chilliwack Vedder River" was devoted to the garbage clean up. 

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Went fishing on the lower river and saw a few cohos caught. Unfortunately not by me. Landed a large buck chum, gently released. Also, landed a couple of very clean adult springs, one of which was a doe, and will be doing some smoking of the fish this weekend. Quite a few fish in the river but the waters are very low and clear, so light, light tackle is required, at least for me.

Glad to see a true river report instead of the other stuffs. Is it all first light fishing there in lower river now and when the sun is out the day is done?
I was at the lower river a few days back to scout out the river but didn't show early enough to get a spot in the few deep pools/runs (way too crowded). It was sunny and most fish seen caught were hooked in the wrong part of the body. Lol. I went away to mid river to scout out the river more and some stretches of the river are so shallow that springs may have a hard time to go through them. The river is just way too low and clear for fish to bite at bright daylight or to move up river fast enough to avoid being foul hooked in those few crowded spots. I don't think I have seen the river this low in my almost 30 years of fishing it. Tomorrow will be a better day for more extended hours of biting activity.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:45:41 AM by Steelhawk »

banx

its easier to just blame the baby boomers.  they had it easiest, got to see full wild runs of fish, made the most and will likely be dying soon.  hopefully leaving an inheritance to their gen x'er kids.  ;)

and if you call them out on their garbage tossing, if they actually have their hearing still, what are they gonna do, hobble over and take a swing at you with their wading staff?  :D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Rod you might as well Delete or lock this thread as its turned into the same BS that the Pink and Chum thread turned into or just create a cry babies thread where everyone can go to.

This thread is reserved for reports to do with chilliwack river and fishing.

The "World Rivers Day On The Chilliwack Vedder River" was devoted to the garbage clean up.

I agree that this thread should be for actual river condition and fishing report. Is it possible to have a separate thread for posts not related to the title of this thread? That way those who want to only look for river fishing condition update will not have to browse through numerous posts to get the info they need, and that those who wants to talk about other stuffs can be happy to chat all day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30