Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are you a Weekday or weekend fisherman?  (Read 9159 times)

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
Re: Are you a Weekday or weekend fisherman?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »

i fish whenever i feel like it, weekends or weekday evernings, for however long, which turns out to be very often as i live 1 min walk to the vedder  ;D
A swung fly is the best fly.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »

I am a strictly weekends (with few exceptions), for similar reasons as steelie (I say similar, as I am on the other side of the desk from him).  And the longest I have gone without a fish is over a year (my last steelhead landed was last February), and RB, I know what I am doing wrong.  I fish flies only and while I have learned ways to fish more than the traditional "fly water" I am still unable to fish certain prime holding water effectively and I often pass well known spots over due to the desire for more open runs to cast.  Still, despite the occasional hook up this year, I have been disappointed with my success rate as I have fished runs that I am certain have fish in them without getting a take.  I also know other fly fishers who have had more success than I (although they are also getting out more often as well) using the same patterns and lines and even fishing the same areas.  Getting that one bite though, that quick head shake, that snapped leader, is still enough to keep me happy and searching out those secluded waters to swing a fly.
Not all those who wander are lost

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 10:22:47 PM »

Weekends only, but I have hardly fished this steelhead season. Been out maybe four times altogether - two of them on the Stamp.
Hoping stillwater season changes that.

Boat in the water on a quiet lake...no crowds...big rainbows and brookies on the fly...can't wait. ;D

Matt1984

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »

Whenever I can get the time in.. Rain or Shine

learningtofly

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »

I try and get out once a week on the weekends...and if I can, try a night bite if the wife has a show she wants to watch.  I have no idea how to fish for cutties on the lower fraser...so it's off to the vedder for steelheads or to a local lake for trout...had great success at Lafarge two weeks ago but got skunked at Sasamat on Saturday.

fullahead

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »

I work 130 days a year. The rest of the time fish hard! ;D

brownmancheng

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

Any day I can convince the wife to take care of our newborn on her own!