Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette River  (Read 19613 times)

steve B

Alouette River
« on: September 16, 2010, 03:55:34 PM »

id just like to report that the alouette is doing very well there are lots of fish in the system from Small steelhead smolts lots of cutthroat trout there are all on the 10 inch side but boy do they fight on light tackle.

the alouette was nearly killled off but a fertilizer run off that devastated the lower river i have seen this river in bad shape and am glad to beable to fish it as it is close to home i just wish that they would stock the river like they do the vedder cause that hatchery program has been extremely succsseful

happy fishing to all see ya on the vedder

littlerope

Re: Alouette River
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 07:49:30 AM »

hey thanks for the heads up on the alouette river. i"ve fished there a number of times this summer with dry flies, caught lots of little rainbows. no cutty's though, and nothing over 8-9 inches. what's the best way to fly fish ( or just fish - spinning rod? ) for other species in that river? thanks in advance

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »

just remember that there is no retention of chum anywhere in the river, no retention of chinook below 216th street, and you may only retain 1 hatchery coho per day after
October 1. There is also no fishing above the triangluar signs posted at Alco park. Also please respect private property as there are alot of residence that do actually own right to the middle of the river and not the high water mark so when you are told that you are on private property you mostly are and these people will call the police so there is no point arguing.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

poper

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »

I think its nov1 for koho. i may be wrong that might be the kanaka

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 11:32:01 PM »

I think its nov1 for koho. i may be wrong that might be the kanaka

October 1 is the Alouette and November 1 is the Kanaka

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 07:57:48 AM »

Thats IF they open Kanaka which they have not done in the last two years.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

steve B

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 05:37:37 PM »

i ve caught most of my fish on the 1/8 OZ gibbs spoon hammered brass with the fire stripe its lethal but i took the stock hook off and put on a number 10 dry fly hook and haven't lost a fish yet cause i by accident i hooked a small rainbow through the head the stock hook was to big so i went smaller.

But small spoons and small pink spinners work really well , I release all my fish i catch to preserve this rivers runs which are very very small if you fish the river often you will probably see me i drive a green chevy pickup usually down by 216 dont hesitate to say hello

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 03:05:06 PM »

Thats IF they open Kanaka which they have not done in the last two years.

Actually it was only closed last year for retention and that was because we did not expect any hatchery fish back to the system as we did not clip any for that brood year. The year before it was open for retention of one hatchery a day.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:08:08 PM by Geff_t »

burnaby

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »

Anyone know the law pertaining to land/resource ownership when river changes course onto private property. Same issue on the Vedder.

If you own a lake isn't the fish inside it yours. If you own the land the river runs over aren't these trespassing fish also yours so you can net it on your "native" land. Just curious to know  ???
... Also please respect private property as there are alot of residence that do actually own right to the middle of the river and not the high water mark so when you are told that you are on private property you mostly are and these people will call the police so there is no point arguing.

Danube Boy

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »

I was under the impression that you could not own water, only the land under it. In other words, where an individual owns up to the middle of the river, you'd be trespassing if you were touching the bottom. On the other hand, anyone who owns property, in theory owns everything below it to the center of the earth and the column of air above it. So if there is water between the land that you own (river bed) and air above it, then ..................?

littlerope

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »

just remember that there is no retention of chum anywhere in the river, no retention of chinook below 216th street, and you may only retain 1 hatchery coho per day after
October 1. There is also no fishing above the triangluar signs posted at Alco park. Also please respect private property as there are alot of residence that do actually own right to the middle of the river and not the high water mark so when you are told that you are on private property you mostly are and these people will call the police so there is no point arguing.
gotta love a country where a natural resource like a river is privately owned...... :'(

mmmm_dirt

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 02:19:13 PM »

Anyone know the law pertaining to land/resource ownership when river changes course onto private property. Same issue on the Vedder.

If you own a lake isn't the fish inside it yours. If you own the land the river runs over aren't these trespassing fish also yours so you can net it on your "native" land. Just curious to know  ???

Really!  Give your head a shake!

burnaby

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »

Conclusive proof eating dirt does permanent brain damage, just say NO. 

and Welcome to the forum

HAND  :)
Really!  Give your head a shake!

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »

gotta love a country where a natural resource like a river is privately owned......

lets not forget that mineral rights overrule property rights as well, but thats a whole different argument...
thanks for the heads up on the A. river though =D