Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Freshwater Fishing Licence  (Read 2024 times)

steve B

Freshwater Fishing Licence
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »

i am confused as to what classifed waters mean 1 0r 2  the government website does not explain this at all

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Freshwater Fishing Licence
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/licences/#ClassifiedWaters

The classified waters of B.C. are fifty-two (52) highly productive trout streams. These streams are classified as either Class I or Class II and are listed in the Water Specific Tables for each Region or a listing is provided in the Wildlife Act under the Angling and Scientific Collection Regulation [PDF 43KB]. The Classified Waters Licensing System was created to preserve the unique fishing opportunities provided by these waters, which contribute significantly to the province's reputation as a world class fishing destination.

All anglers required to buy a basic Angling Licence must also purchase a Classified Waters Licence before fishing on a stream during the period when it is classified:

This licence is required in addition to the basic angling licence and any other stamps required by regulation.

Also note that a steelhead surcharge stamp is required at all times when fishing for steelhead, or when fishing classified waters during the period when steelhead are known to be present. The specific times when a steelhead licence is mandatory are listed in the Water Specific Tables for each Region.

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »

All anglers required to buy a basic Angling Licence must also purchase a Classified Waters Licence before fishing on a stream during the period when it is classified:

I also have a question about this, im under 16 do i have to get the tag and licence to fish that stream? or do i have to be fishing with someone who has that tag and licence?

steve B

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »

thanks for the info rod this is confusing at times so all the rivers in region 2 are classified waters 2 right ?

steve B

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »

okay never mind my last post ive read the list i understand now thanks for the links now I know which waters are class 1 and 2

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 04:53:46 PM »

I also have a question about this, im under 16 do i have to get the tag and licence to fish that stream? or do i have to be fishing with someone who has that tag and licence?

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/licences/#Younger

If you are under 16 and a resident of B.C.:

• you may sport fish without any licence or stamp;
  • you do not need to be accompanied by a licence holder;
  • you are entitled to your own quota of fish.

So no.

so all the rivers in region 2 are classified waters 2 right ?

No.

For an example of a classified stream, go to:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/0911/fish-synopsis_2009-11_region4.pdf

Scroll down to "Elk River" in the water specific regulation table, you should see the sentence "Class II water when open, including tributaries".