Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Garcia c3 what to spool it with never owned one  (Read 4691 times)

newb33

Re: New Garcia c3 what to spool it with never owned one
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 09:12:40 PM »

i do appreciate your advise im still a rookie to fishing only go out 5-6 times a year and never catch anything so i dont go much, i was at army and navy and was talking to the guy there hes the one that pointed me towards the 10 lb mono it was affordable and i dont understand the whole backing thing and and alot of the fish terminology, and so you know im a newby i was at the veddar today without waders and hiked for hours and couldnt find a place to fish without waders how bout some advice on some cheap waders that will work decent where i can actually get to a fishing spot

mikeH

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »

Sims has good waders I spent 200 on my mine awesome waders very happy with them.Yrs I went without waders always shorts and sandals not so good when it get cold out.All depends what you want to spend and can afford, go cheap now then upgrade later.Waders make it so much easier without them its like a handicap (no pun intended) just limits you on the river.Deepest I go is knee any deeper to me is not worth it.You have to keep safety in mind with waders they kill people.

losos

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 01:06:17 PM »

i do appreciate your advise im still a rookie to fishing only go out 5-6 times a year and never catch anything so i dont go much, i was at army and navy and was talking to the guy there hes the one that pointed me towards the 10 lb mono it was affordable and i dont understand the whole backing thing and and alot of the fish terminology, and so you know im a newby i was at the veddar today without waders and hiked for hours and couldnt find a place to fish without waders how bout some advice on some cheap waders that will work decent where i can actually get to a fishing spot

You can still get cheaper neos however they aren't as comfortable as breathables for a distance walking, just check A@N or Amazon.
Remember though that with neos you'd need at least one size bigger wading shoes.

rustybee

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »

http://www.basspro.com/Simms-Drift-StockingFoot-Waders-for-Men/product/12080705121734/

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:06:05 PM by rustybee »

newb33

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 09:02:15 PM »

sorry im 6 feet 225 size 13

40 waist but thanks
i think my chances of finding used in my size is going to be a longshot