Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new help with a new drift rod  (Read 4754 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: new help with a new drift rod
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 07:58:32 AM »

I just got the 3113 for my pin. I can not wait to get out there and use it.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

gordc

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 11:10:33 AM »

I was planning on going with a factory rod just because if the rod breaks you only get a new blank and would have to assume the cost of a new build again.  Also I feel like I'm getting enough bling out of the Kingfisher :)

hotrod

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »

I was planning on going with a factory rod just because if the rod breaks you only get a new blank and would have to assume the cost of a new build again.  Also I feel like I'm getting enough bling out of the Kingfisher :)

Going with the factory is a good way to go and it comes with a tube. If it breaks you get a new rod not just a blank!

Hotrod

Gotcha

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »

Ah yes, the kingfisher does have alot of BLING... :D

Gotcha

gordc

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »

Got my 3113 with the Kingfisher on Sunday morning and went staight to the Vedder.  My brother got the same set up with the 3106L and both of us couldn't be happier.  The reels are awesome and we both managed to land springs consistantly.  Unfortunately we have yet to land a single coho :( however I'm proud to report that every fish was kooked perfectly in the mouth.  Not sure why but we seemed to have several foul hooked fish on the level winds so we hope the succes of the center pins is a new trend.   ;D