Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dragonfly kamloops mc arbor fly reel  (Read 8092 times)

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
dragonfly kamloops mc arbor fly reel
« on: January 07, 2006, 11:00:44 PM »

just bought a new fly reel (dragonfly kamloops mc arbor reel) for a 6wgt rod.

don't know much about this reel but wondering if anyone has used this reel or has any informaiton about it. just bought it because it looked good and it was a good deal.

thanks.
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: dragonfly kamloops mc arbor fly reel
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 11:11:57 PM »

My friend has one and he used it for trout and kokanee, and a few pinks works nice.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 08:20:07 AM »

I purchased the Kamloops Dragonfly 56 for my 5wt.....and what do ya know....the spools from my Fenwick DCC5/6 fit perfectly....so no need to be buyin' more spools....can u say bonus!!!!!!

mojo loves these kind of surprises.. ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

redside1

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »

the Fenwick and Dragonfly cartridge reels come from the same maker. I think the reel that started this thread is the new t6061 cnc'd machine cut reel. This is a completely different reel with a disc drag. I saw one at x-mas at berry's bait. it looked pretty good.

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 03:52:57 PM »

your right. this reel is a brass coloured arbor reel. however it did look very simillar to another fenwick model. i did hear that this reel has japanese bearings as opposed to chinese or taiwanese bearings.

i can't find any website for this dragonfly model.

I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

Bone

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

It seems i can't find any information on this company either. I see alot of products from dragonfly performance tackle, and have recently bought a Dragon fly kamloops 5/6 reel and rod. although the distributer is located in Burnaby. Does anyone have any info on this company?

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 02:39:22 PM »

our website is not up and running.Hopefully in the next couple of months. We had one but it became too outdated.  What do you need know?

Bone

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »

I just like to know the background history of companies so i have a better understanding of the products. Please let us know when the website is up.