Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trapping Salmon on the West bank of the Capilano  (Read 10585 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer

Bandit420

Re: Trapping Salmon on the West bank of the Capilano
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 12:39:32 PM »

If you're not fishing, you're not living!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

Cap coho fever is in full bloom.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Suspected+salmon+nappers+netted+North+Vancouver+hatchery+heist/6919334/story.html

Unfortunately this not the first time. Some years back DFO staked out the hatchery and caught a couple of guys trying to snag fish from the fish ladders. The guys turned on the DFO officer and gave him a severe beating

mko72

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:01 PM »

Aye, and Max took that flogging like no other.  Them scalawags are the reason the fish peelers were given pistols.  Next time they will be shot! 

I dost say we best hang these swabbers by the neck from the Cable Pool Bridge with a sign "Poachers ye be warned!"  yo ho!

And they're being trained by the RCMP.  I know one of the trainers and he is a tremendous badass; as in he's on the team that jumps out of helicopters or rappels down buildings and smashes through the windows type of badass-ery.   

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »

They didn't use shopping cart though.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »

Cap coho fever is in full bloom.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Suspected+salmon+nappers+netted+North+Vancouver+hatchery+heist/6919334/story.html

WoW, thanks for posting Cutthroat22 I hadn't heard this story. Made me laugh and think of that joke. Why do we rob banks ? Cus that's where the money is ! I guess that was these three peoples thought process. Sure glad they caught these, as the Salmonpirate would say, scallawag's.

And I for one am happy that DFO carry guns. The stuff I've seen when fishing over the years is a clear indication that there are a few dangerous individuals breathing the same air that would'nt hesitate to inflict harm on someone if you rubbed them the wrong way. It sure is to bad we have to work cus' I'd sure love to get out there soon. Maybe Sunday if the hunnydo list isn't to large on my day off.