Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What will you do?  (Read 6067 times)

EZ_Rolling

Re: What will you do?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »

We did not claim the spot , we were fishing and guys come up and tell us we had to move to give them room to cast

We ended up moving but we should not have been forced out of a spot while at anchor.

I was just trying to show the other side of the coin

Scooterguy

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 01:47:58 AM »

-- It's all about the kids. We should all try to give kids and newbies a turn.
-- Take a while to assess the knowledge of the boater or shore fisher.
-- Then decide if some firendly advice is in order or a big stick.  ::) Fishing not fighting

--I won't usually confront someone if I am with others as it puts them in the awkward possiton of supporting you whether they agree or not with your assessment. We are all want a peaceful and enjoyment fishing. If i do not get it, I won't fish.

--Moving on with a I wouldn't want to see you guys do that if you're in a boat to the kids is a good lesson learned.
--If you say nothing to the kids they may one day be fishing in a boat and think it is OK to move in on a spot without thinking about it.
[/quote My kids knew what respect is. You have to earn it. If you ask nicely to the anglers  can you fish along side with him, they will happily to move a side a bit to let you fish as long as you are comfortable with the little space you got. Else you will move on looking for different spot. It is not the end of the world.

It has been a pleasure to see all the comments/  I wish to see more kids spend time outdoor than spend time online or video. they do not know what they are missing.

Life is good

DRP79

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »

Etiquette may as well be a river in Egypt. It's rarer than unicorn poop. It's why I gave up on first light fishing. It doesn't matter how much effort/sacrifice  I put in to getting up at an ungodly hour to get to a prime spot early, never fails that some douche is going to saunter in at 9am, stand less than a rods length away, start casting over my line, not waiting  his turn and cutting off my drift etc etc.

I like the solitude and relaxation of fishing and it can be done when you come across a good bunch but it seems a rare occurrence. I'd rather hike for 20-30 minutes and have some peace and quiet and catch 2-3 fish over a day than battle it out at one of the meat holes to limit out in an hour.

Some people are more than happy to ruin someone else's day in order to do what they came to do. A lot of selfishness out there and the sense isn't always common.