Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 148315 times)

Rachid

was at vedder peach road today not a lot of action comparing to last week , good thing is that the big liners that used to haul fish last week , they didn't get a sniff today , and with the river being up give the fish more ways to travel upstream freely and not stack on the small runs to be snugged as usual.the  water clarity in fantastic though.tight line and good luck out there .

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I told you where you should try chris, I got  2 nice hatch bucks there today.
I was just down a bit.

fisharoo

What's the deal with access on the west side of the river across from on the way? I always see lots of guys over there, driving their trucks along the dyke. They don't appear to be native? but as far as I know it's native land. Is it kosher for non-native guys to fish over the soowahlie area?

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Feel free to go back there if u can keep an eye on your truck... I won't park back there ever. Lots of vehicles have been smashed back there not to mention the altercations with the natives... Walk up from the crossing if you wanna fish the native side.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Go ahead and park on the native reserve. On thanksgiving 15 cars got keyed and one got smashed in with a rock. Is a fish really worth all that?
The Bigger The Better!

VAGAbond

• Old Timer

Actually it is native reserve on both sides of the river near On The Way.  See the following Google view with BC Government overlay.

There seems to be a bit of a problem with alignment of the Google view with the overlay detail in respect to the river location but you get the ides.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:56:31 PM by VAGAbond »

SteelHead[BC]

just a snagg fest back there

reeler

I have seen Natives with nets across the river at the Gun Barrel run upstream from OTW store very early am in the past. Black pick up parked on the other side.

A Frayed Knot

There was a fishing derby I heard at the top of the river, apparently it was just a minefield of snaggers.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

BBarley

Baha, I read about the fishing derby this weekend.... The Abbotsford junior hockey team held it at Tamahi ::)
I went to try and find the troll that likes spray painting under Vedder Crossing to see if he would change some wording on their signs......

No dice :(

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Just got back from the river, raining hard off and on this morning but the river still looks great.  3 feet visibility.  Coho were hard to find, springs are spawning and dying off quickly (it is starting to smell).

tumbleweed

How does the river look with all the rain we got today?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water clarity was excellent before sunset.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water clarity remains very good this morning despite of last night's rain. The river also dropped slightly overnight.

islanddude

I would be charging a fee to fish on the reserve. Safe parking, no snagging, limited amount of people, might even have days you could reserve your favorite spot all for your self or a couple of buddies. Be happy they still let you fish there.