Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 148317 times)

Rachid

Thanks guys a lot ,  the updates on the vedder river conditions are appreciated .

jacked55

X2 on the river updates. Thank you.

1son

Was there til 6pm clarity was around 2-3ft give or take with a bit of color might be okay tomorrow.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Epic day on the upper river yesterday.... ;D . brought home my limit with 3 cohos and 1 white springs and lost some too. One of my best fishing days. Only thing that ruined it a bit was 2 guys on the opposite shore just snagging fish continuously with a float and bare hook ripping through the water! they probably cast 50 times per minute...ridiculous!

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict

Epic day on the upper river yesterday.... ;D . brought home my limit with 3 cohos and 1 white springs and lost some too. One of my best fishing days. Only thing that ruined it a bit was 2 guys on the opposite shore just snagging fish continuously with a float and bare hook ripping through the water! they probably cast 50 times per minute...ridiculous!

Did anyone say anything?

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Did anyone say anything?

Yelled over at them and they went up river from us and continued the same activity

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nice conditions this morning with a good number of coho spashing about but all I could get was a mature buck chum and missed 2 takes. Sure a tough year for me as usually by this time I have a few coho. In talking to another old timer he says very poor for him although has a few but it was after a lot of trips.

steelheaderpin

Anybody have any last light conditions to report ? Thanks in advance

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

Sure a tough year for me as usually by this time I have a few coho.

Could it be that the main run is yet to come in the system??

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Clarity was very good at 4:00pm.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!

Clarity was very good at 4:00pm.

and ?  ;D

fisharoo

Did yesterday's rain effect the visibility much? Planning tomorrow for Chilliwack or Chehalis.

A Frayed Knot

It was looking pretty nice, I don't think it's rained hard enough but I suppose its hard to tell since I am in the tri cities it tends to be gentler weather here. lol. Thinking of heading to stave to have a peak, then checking out the vedder after, I had planned to try chehalis myself too but I always have a tough time finding my way there.

As far as I know the rivers suppose to be quite nice today. My magic 8 ball (buddy who lives out that way) said it looked good. However he doesn't fish, he white waters lol.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water fine fishing not so, I guess I am fishing the wrong areas, maybe neded to migrate to "No Man's Land" as the Master calls it.

farky

I told you where you should try chris, I got  2 nice hatch bucks there today.