Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013/14 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 90435 times)

fisharoo

Wow, that changes fast. Around 5pm there was zero visibility just below the clay banks. Above the clay had about 16" vis in early morn.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wow, that changes fast. Around 5pm there was zero visibility just below the clay banks. Above the clay had about 16" vis in early morn.
With the mild weather clay can fall in any time so conditions can change hourly.

wonder

Anyone have a report on the conditions today?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heading out shortly will give you a report on my return hopefully with a fish too. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions were good, I saw one hatchery taken another fish landed and another lost. Nothing for me again which I could not believe as fished some nice water. Found a few floats and it was lovely out there so not all was lost.

fishernick

How was visibility?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

How was visibility?
Must have been 2 feet but plenty good enough as fish were taken all day from reports I got and what I saw.

wonder

Conditions were good, I saw one hatchery taken another fish landed and another lost. Nothing for me again which I could not believe as fished some nice water. Found a few floats and it was lovely out there so not all was lost.

Thanks Chris, sounds like were in the same boat I haven't been able to hook a single fish on the vedder this season. Hopefully change that Saturday

Floater

• Old Timer

Water was on the higher side but just perfect in my mind this thursday. About a foot visibility in the lower with a bit of silt in the water but not too much. Saw two hogs as i arrived already on the beach and heard and saw nothing more through the entire river after.
[

Ssypark

• addicted

hows the visibility and wind for this friday afternoon? planning to fly fish. thanks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:18:05 AM by Ssypark »

fisharoo

Anyone seen any fry swimming around yet? I know they're hatching up in Squamish. Haven't spotted 'em yet in the Vedder.

BCLAX

Saw some yesterday

liketofish

• Old Timer

Water was on the higher side but just perfect in my mind this thursday. About a foot visibility in the lower with a bit of silt in the water but not too much. Saw two hogs as i arrived already on the beach and heard and saw nothing more through the entire river after.

I went Thursday too. With all the high water, I thought the fish would travel and time to fish pocket water in the rapids. I picked the right pocket water to start. The only problem is by the time I got there, there was already a guy there and he was cleaning his priced catch when I got there. Sigh. No other fish sightings for the rest of the day. Amazing this level of water and not seeing more fish hooked. A slow year to be sure.

younggun

• Old Timer

River is still considered fishable in my books, but still coloured and with predictions of rain in the forecast, shouldn't be much nicer tomorrow or sunday.
Fish killer 101

Tenz85