Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg  (Read 15372 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Peg Leg
« on: September 11, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »

Does anyone know if you can access it safely now? I am not going to bottom bounce. Just looking to take the family up there next weekend at the top end of it where its slack so they can catch pinks. If you know and dont want to announce it send me an email bbronswyk@gmail.com or send me a PM

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

noxcape

Re: Peg Leg
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »

hey bryan i was fishing across from it and it looked like you could access it there were people with out boats on it

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:08:53 PM »

Does anyone know if you can access it safely now? I am not going to bottom bounce. Just looking to take the family up there next weekend at the top end of it where its slack so they can catch pinks. If you know and dont want to announce it send me an email bbronswyk@gmail.com or send me a PM
Only the bottom 1/5 of the bar is open. The channel that runs through the lower end is much deeper and wider than last year. Yesterday we saw some some intrepid anglers that got across by boat, and perhaps wading, but they were few in number. I would not recommend it, esp with a fam. The portion that is open has a high cut bank that is acively being eroded by the reiver. Yesterday 2 anglers fell in. 

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »

doesnt sound good.i have to send a pup off from abbotsford airport tomorrow morning was hoping peg would be ready...
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

noxcape

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:20:08 AM »

omg my bad sorry from where i was it looked do it able sorry for the miss information   

and thats not good aobut the 2 people that fell in i hope they are ok

newb33

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »

Let's tell the truth here people it was knee deep Wednesday and it's been hot as heck since so it's definitely lower now

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »

well seeing as i wont be out there again this year i will share. You can cross this little riffle waterright near the main flow) but its alot safer to just use a small boat to cross the channel and walk out which is what we did. We watched a few people walking through, first section was mid thigh and second wasnt even knee deep, with kids i would go the boat route unless you wanna piggy back each kid back and forth  ;)

fishing wasnt the greatest because the clarity was maybe a foot and was almost nothing everytime a boat went by and churned up the water. W caught a bunch of pinks but nothing like it normally is like. I took 1 doe home for dinner  ;D

We also watched 3 nice sturgeon caught a few hundred feet away from us, one being close to 7 feet
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »

well seeing as i wont be out there again this year i will share. You can cross this little riffle waterright near the main flow) but its alot safer to just use a small boat to cross the channel and walk out which is what we did. We watched a few people walking through, first section was mid thigh and second wasnt even knee deep, with kids i would go the boat route unless you wanna piggy back each kid back and forth  ;)

fishing wasnt the greatest because the clarity was maybe a foot and was almost nothing everytime a boat went by and churned up the water. W caught a bunch of pinks but nothing like it normally is like. I took 1 doe home for dinner  ;D

We also watched 3 nice sturgeon caught a few hundred feet away from us, one being close to 7 feet

Hook, was that your fly fishing group at the top of Peg Leg on Saturday?

noxcape

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »

the fishing on sunday was better we all got out limits in sockeye and they where all chrome stilll

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »

The two Spey guys and the girl in the bikini was my dad, my friend and me. The other guys fly fishing I didn't know.

Noxcape- we figured Sunday would be better with the commercial openings but I was given the okay for Saturday so I go when I can right now :-)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

noxcape

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »

lol go figure eh isnt that the way it always works the days your given the ok are the worst days to fish lol

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »

"...and the girl in the bikini was my dad"   :D :D :D  Nice one Hook!  Btw - I hear ya - now with two little kids, it gets more difficult to get out.  I'm hurtin' right now!

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »

Might be better to head over the Golden Ears and fish anywhere from Langley south through to Delta?

Deas Island Park is very family friendly.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16:48 PM »

Deas Island Park is very family friendly.

As long as the kids stay away from those nasty slippery dyke rocks.
Deas Island Park is the last place where I would take a kid fishing. Too dangerous.

newb33

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:19 PM »

Sorry guys would like to retract my earlier statement and tonight was shitty two guys in waders tried crossing both lost grip one got free to the shore and the other bobbed a couple times than was gone so it's not safe at all