Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder river coho  (Read 3641 times)

JamieHugh

Vedder river coho
« on: October 04, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »

Gonna go out to the vedder tomorrow just wondering if its too early for coho? Anyone have any advice on what to use? Not sure whether to use roe or wool

Nitroholic

Re: Vedder river coho
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »

they've been in for a month
use roe

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:22:49 PM »

They are around and your best chance of connecting will be with roe although if you find some pond water a blade can be effective. However with so many pinks around foul hooking them can be a problem as you wind across the large masses of pinks laying in the slow moving water.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »

Spoons also work well in the lower in deep pools. You will also get pinks though. I have seen quite a few caught this way which is a first.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

abbott101

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »

where do u think its better to go?? lower river or mid or upper??

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »

lower river is always better

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 09:02:28 PM »

lower river is always better

BUT its crowded, you have to put up with idiots snagging fish, its loaded with living rotting pinks right now and its aesthetically displeasing with furniture and garbage adorning the banks.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »

And just to think last weekend was the Vedder River Cleanup. And already the place is looking dumpy again. Sometimes you wonder why the effort is made to clean up the river for the slob fishermen who invade it.  I really think a fitting punishment for snaggers and chronic litterbugs is to make them put in a couple  hundred hours of community service. Specifically making them pick up garbage on the Vedder  as part of the fine/punishment on weekends.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:19:22 PM by dennyman »

minsyoo

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »

i was at vedder yesterday, its heavily crowded with people and with too many dead or basically dead pinks. didn't connect with any cohos, connected with a pink (actually by the mouth, go figure), saw a guy connect with a spring, other than that i saw about a zillion people foul hooking pinks, and the whole rocks-unhook-kick action. may be it would've been better if i would've connected with a coho, but it just wasnt a pleasant experience.. :( lots and lots of dead pinks on the bed, too, and the birds feasting.

and get this.. i actually saw a couple of guys using spoons. and we all know the results of that. sigh.

my vent for the day. haha

but that's how the vedder is right now, i'm gonna try and make another trip out in a couple weeks when coho season is supposed to be at its peak (people tell me)