Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mosquito/blackwater may 18  (Read 745 times)

fintail1

• got milt?
mosquito/blackwater may 18
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »

went up to pembey as some may have seen and decided to give mosquito a try rather than Ivey.  Within ten minutes i hooked my first and it was the biggest fish i have ever hooked out of that lake, and being so sleepy that morning the sound of the screaming reel sure as heck woke me up.  Butit was a short but sweet fight ... :'(, it had to be at least 2.5 lbs , which isnt as rare as one might think outta mosquito.  i caught two other 16 inch and an 18 inch fish and of course i realize that my camera is all the way in vancouver ::).  but these fish were real sporty, more sporty than the ones i caught last time, but after that it heated right up and the fish moved out of the range of my fly rod.  After about 2 hours of trying i gave up ad decided to go quading for a while to wait for the heat to die down.  At around 5 we headed up to blackwater to see what was going on and there was a bit going on.  Fish could be seen jumping in the shallows near all the lillies, a sure sign of the black ant hatch. so i got out the ant and whipped er through the lilly pads and only rose 3 fish to show all of them 16 inch and under with a throat full of black ants, shrimp and those litte red guys. So only 6 fish hooked 5 landed to show for my efforts , oh well, they may heat up as the weather cools down and the ants still hang around.
ftail1
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: mosquito/blackwater may 18
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:11:41 PM »

What happened at Blackwater? Good to hear you had success.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

fintail1

• got milt?
Re: mosquito/blackwater may 18
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »

only small fish on the black ants i guess
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other