Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken rod tip warranty wait time  (Read 7894 times)

redfishbluefish

Re: Broken rod tip warranty wait time
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 02:42:10 PM »

If possible contact the company directly to get an update.  I broke the tip of a Fenwick HMX last year (on a massive angry chum) and followed up weekly by both email and phone and ended up getting sent 2 complete replacement rods!  Took about 4 weeks to receive the replacement so I can definitely recommend Fenwick.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 07:49:52 AM »

Well I bought a back up rod yesterday. Same rod I had my eye on earlier the Echo DH 9136, 13"6, 9wt. Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will suffice as a backup. Rod is rated to chuck 600-720gr head and mine is 600gr. Guy I bought it from said he chucked a 600gr skagit head and it casted nicely.

Another quick question just for kicks. What is Echo's warranty like? On their website it says it is lifetime warrantied for the ORIGINAL owner. Are they actually going to want a sales receipt if you break it? I bought the rod for pretty cheap and didn't think there was any point in asking the guy. I've busted a few rods in the past and had to send them off...never been asked for a sales receipt.

In the future if I ever break a rod I think I'll just take care of the mailing myself. Seems you'll save yourself a few bucks this way, and if you mail it yourself with a tracking # you'll KNOW when it was mailed and when it arrived at its destination.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Redington. Hoping I don't have to go back to the store where I bought it and inquire again as that has proven to be a waste of time :o

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 09:06:47 AM »

Well I bought a back up rod yesterday. Same rod I had my eye on earlier the Echo DH 9136, 13"6, 9wt. Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will suffice as a backup. Rod is rated to chuck 600-720gr head and mine is 600gr. Guy I bought it from said he chucked a 600gr skagit head and it casted nicely.

Another quick question just for kicks. What is Echo's warranty like? On their website it says it is lifetime warrantied for the ORIGINAL owner. Are they actually going to want a sales receipt if you break it? I bought the rod for pretty cheap and didn't think there was any point in asking the guy. I've busted a few rods in the past and had to send them off...never been asked for a sales receipt.

In the future if I ever break a rod I think I'll just take care of the mailing myself. Seems you'll save yourself a few bucks this way, and if you mail it yourself with a tracking # you'll KNOW when it was mailed and when it arrived at its destination.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Redington. Hoping I don't have to go back to the store where I bought it and inquire again as that has proven to be a waste of time :o

Warranty is dynamite, you won't have a problem.  Broke the tip off of one of my fly rods, I'm the original owner but they never asked for a sales receipt or anything.  By the time they received payment I had my spare tip within a week.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 05:33:53 PM »

I've had no problems with my #6 Echo switch - repaired twice. Pretty good turn around- 4 to 6 weeks.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 06:43:52 PM »

Thanks clarkii and RalphH, good to hear the Echo warranty is solid. Thanks for that.

So got an email back from Redington today, still scratching my head...they wrote...

"Hello,

I am showing we have had the tip of your rod since 12/01/2015. We have been awaiting confirmation from ****'s of the line weight and length of the rod. With the information you provided in your email we should now be able to get that processed completed and shipped back out"

Ummmmm....WTF?!?!? I emailed back and asked to clarify a few things, namely: Did they receive my rod in the mail Dec.12th? Dropped off at place of purchase Sept.12th. And why would the rod length and line weight not be written somewhere with the broken tip?!!? So they emailed the store, 2.5 weeks ago, and are still waiting for a reply back. Who knows how long it would be for them to mail my tip out if I had not contacted them.

Not impressed. >:(

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 08:30:50 PM »

Thanks clarkii and RalphH, good to hear the Echo warranty is solid. Thanks for that.

So got an email back from Redington today, still scratching my head...they wrote...

"Hello,

I am showing we have had the tip of your rod since 12/01/2015. We have been awaiting confirmation from ****'s of the line weight and length of the rod. With the information you provided in your email we should now be able to get that processed completed and shipped back out"

Ummmmm....WTF?!?!? I emailed back and asked to clarify a few things, namely: Did they receive my rod in the mail Dec.12th? Dropped off at place of purchase Sept.12th. And why would the rod length and line weight not be written somewhere with the broken tip?!!? So they emailed the store, 2.5 weeks ago, and are still waiting for a reply back. Who knows how long it would be for them to mail my tip out if I had not contacted them.

Not impressed. >:(

Sounds like they received the rod tip on December 1st, either way that's ridiculous.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 07:23:46 PM »

Yup...you're right...it didn't arrive until Dec.1st. The guy from Redington confirmed this.That's over 10 weeks after I dropped it off!! I must say I am impressed with how Redington handled this. The guy was apologetic, agreeded that yes this has taken WAY too long, and has already mailed me a new tip at no charge.
I would not hesitate to buy another Redington rod. However if I ever bust another tip I will be dealing with the entire process MYSELF and not trusting the shop. Live and learn.