Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

what came first the fish or the fish egg

fish
fish egg

Author Topic: What came first the fish or the fish eggs  (Read 14354 times)

scuntor

Re: What came first the fish or the fish eggs
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »

A mountain of evidence supports theory A. None supports theory B. However, theory A is missing one piece of the puzzle. Therefore, the answer must be theory B (intelligent design)? That makes no sense. I'm not a philosopher but that is not logical thinking.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 11:09:27 PM »

Evolution in the Darwin sense seems to me to be the equivalent of looking at the the exit doors of an automotive manufacturing plant and exclaiming "Isn't it amazing how through the process of chance, that plant was able to build such a well engineered automobile?"

Of course we all know that a head designer did a lot of engineering before that automobile could be manufactured in the plant.

While the analogy is very simplistic it seems to me that the theory of evolution is making the same claims. Suggesting that chance could create the millions of life forms on the planet seems absolutely absurd to me. Like the automobile, earth must have had a master designer, with a master plan that initiated the creation of life as we know it.

My vote is the fish, designed and created by a master designer.   8)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Johnny_5

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »

Does it really matter?  We are where we are, and it is what it is.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »

Egg came before fish.

Fish came before fish egg.

bcguy

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »

Guess it comes down to whether you live in Chilliwack or not  ::) ::) ::)

Ahh The Intelligent Design Theory....Christianity Light, wasn't sure anyone had even heard of it before The Da Vinci Code :D

Based on evolution, the child will always be different than the parent, therefore THE EGG.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 05:04:21 PM by bcguy »
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 12:26:34 PM »

Where does the chicken fit in all this?  ;D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 12:45:38 PM »

On the side of those who believe in the creation idea......... For me it is FACT & KNOW SO ..... like 1000%.  ---------- I too was a skeptic once..... but no more.  ------- I just "prayed" & asked the GOOD LORD directly. ( Williams Lake City in 1973) A powerful presence of GOD came upon me... (  nearly crapped my pants ha ! ---- No I'm not "crazy or was stoned on some drug) so..... my vote is 2 FISH came 1st then the eggs .............. ( main answers for me are answered but alot of smaller ones are not answered............. but one day in Heaven they will be) ........ Like alwaysfishn post.......... "right on".

speycaster

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »

Until some one shows me another god, i will have to take the word of Miss C. B. who cried  out "oh my god " at an appropriate time. Since then I have always considered myself GOD. ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:15:50 PM by speycaster »