Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Salmon Confidential  (Read 40648 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Salmon Confidential
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »

You're hilarious!
No, he's curious.  Fisherbob, the more you check the more you will regret your donation.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »

That is a very good wage and I still expect DR. Morton to address the problems of Atlantic feedlots in her own country as well.

Not sure if you are naive or are just purposely misunderstanding the point.....  If you investigate further (check the financial reports for her organization on the government website), you will see a breakdown of how the money her organization received, was allocated. In many of those years she did not take any wages. Probably 80% of the income her organization received was spent on research and legal.

I appreciate the passion you show to remove feedlots from Washington state. I just wish you wouldn't stack that responsibility onto Morton...  With her limited resources, I for one want her to focus all of them on the Canadian feedlots. Let's just agree to disagree on that topic.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »

Not sure if you are naive or are just purposely misunderstanding the point.....  If you investigate further (check the financial reports for her organization on the government website), you will see a breakdown of how the money her organization received, was allocated. In many of those years she did not take any wages. Probably 80% of the income her organization received was spent on research and legal.

I appreciate the passion you show to remove feedlots from Washington state. I just wish you wouldn't stack that responsibility onto Morton...  With her limited resources, I for one want her to focus all of them on the Canadian feedlots. Let's just agree to disagree on that topic.
Naive would be getting the feedlots out of BC and leting Washinton grow Attlantics in cesspool feedlots thinking no harm can be done to our wild salmon a few miles north of that invisable line. They could escape and, oops, one wrong turn and up the Fraser they go. For DR. Morton, or anyone to turn a blind eye to that is naive.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2013, 06:59:24 PM »

Trolling may be going on here by one of our new posters. :-\

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »

If you are referring to me Chris, yes I am trolling. Trolling for my hard earned dollars that I have donated to DR. Morton's cause to get the job done. Would you not say anything if your investments didn't meet your expectations?  I am very sorry some people can not see south of the 49th. Why is it just in BC?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:23:24 PM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »

It's always a case of "buyer beware". If you have given morton thousands of dollars then hopefully you don't do that again. Sometimes expecting one person to be the new Messiah on resolving issues only leads to disappointment.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »

At least he's now earned the right to access the fishing reports.....  ;D  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »

If you are referring to me Chris, yes I am trolling. Trolling for my hard earned dollars that I have donated to DR. Morton's cause to get the job done. Would you not say anything if your investments didn't meet your expectations?  I am very sorry some people can not see south of the 49th. Why is it just in BC?
Well if you have contributed money and I have no reason to not believe you and good for you for doing so as you have joined thousands that have, in time and funds to try and get to the bottom of this issue.

In saying that I would suggest you write Alex and tell her you have contributed money and inform her what you believe should be done.

As I have said before one can tackle only so much at a time, maybe you or someone else has the time, funds, energy and knowledge to get involved in dealing with the issue you have brought up several times.

I am going to leave this part of the discussion up to you now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:48:00 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »

At least he's now earned the right to access the fishing reports.....  ;D  ;D
Does he fish or buy his fish at a grocery store? ;) :D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »

Ouch, my butt sure got a kicking there. Was I tardy when there was a meeting between DR. Morton's American funders and gagged her and her followers like me from pointing at the Washington feedlots? Just asking. If so, I will gag up.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:11:14 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »

You will notice of course who did the kicking ..
Kinda like your style Fisherbob ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2013, 08:45:55 PM »

You will notice of course who did the kicking ..
Kinda like your style Fisherbob ;D

I'm still trying to figure out his "style". He appears to be anti Washington State feedlots, not sure what his stance is on BC feedlots, he wants Morton to get rid of Washington feedlots, so on one hand he seems to be pro Morton. On the other hand he keeps throwing out the typical feedlot boy anti-Morton rhetoric.

Maybe as he said at the beginning, he is undecided and is sitting on the fence...... unfortunately it's a picket fence so the pain he feels is not a butt kicking.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »

Picket fence for sure. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »

You guys just do not get it. I want the salmon feedlots out of BC. I have donated to this cause and said so when asked. Did any of you? No. Just smart remarks. Thanks guys.  All I have said, what is the good of getting the feedlots out of BC and letting Washington grow them. If we anti-feedlot people can not see this problem it will be the last we see of our wild stocks. Is that not what we care about for generations to come. We have to look out side the box we are given.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:11:44 PM by Fisherbob »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2013, 09:24:39 PM »

Picket fence for sure. :)
Very nice btw TB. I see my donations have gone to the right people :)