Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471280 times)

clarki

• Old Timer

Nice video.
Don't fall in the river though.
You have enough procure on you...
You might get eaten alive.

This made me laugh! With a little bit of editing, the last 3 lines would be a killer haiku :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

People should check out Gadsden's gear, lol!!  Betchca there's an 1/8 " of borax crusted on the handle and on his old Avon :o
Let's not even talk about his waders ...

Ever notice nobody fishes next to Chris ? Aside from that Make Belief cap, the smell of his rods and waders deter other anglers from fishing next to him. It's all part of his elaborate plan folks.  ;D ;D

MetalAndFeathers

Hooked a coho, almost landed her but lost her as I touched the leader. First time the trailing hook method has lost me a coho.

Also hooked a chum or spring, but lost it while it was deep.
How many fish have you hooked with the trailer hook method?

Just curious.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict

How many fish have you hooked with the trailer hook method?

Just curious.

Probably 15? That might even be generous. I used it last season and this season so far.

Edit: 9, I had fishermanitis...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:25:11 PM by Flytech »

Tangles

I'm thinking of hitting the river tomorrow morning and I am wondering how is the water clarity guys? Is it chocolate milk already? The online graph shows a rise but not substantial after yesterdays showers.

milo

• Old Timer

Half a foot over 24 hours is not much. My guess is clarity is still very good as I type this. But I would definitely check the graph in the morning. If it goes through the roof, then chocolate milk is very likely. It's just too early to know.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water clarity has not changed since the rain started. River level is still very good. How the river will be in the morning depends on the amount of rain coming down tonight, which is quite heavy right now already.

TheLostSockeye

Yeah i like to use my roe lol. And i do wash my hands off in the water it just gets everywhere. I have used lots of rags before but i always loose them when im wading.

Here is my 4 from today that i got in less than an hour using you guessed it roe. All my were 3+lbs

After i got my 4 i sat down and watched my fishing buddy and he managed a few using Colorado's under float. here is the total haul from today.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:28:00 PM by TheLostSockeye »

Tangles

;D I guess after that picture of a pile of meat I should be gearing up already LOL
thanks for the reports on water condition.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

WOW!  Talk about roe stains.  Pink cork handle and pink Simms waders! 

and here I thought he had been playing with mommy's lipstick.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Fished the upper today landed 1 Spring in really good shape and 3 chrome coho. Lost a few cohos also. Roe was the ticket. 1 of the cohos was a pig! Biggest one to date for me 11.7 lbs with the roe in....

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Heavy rain is bumping the river level up as expected but it was very fishable this morning until now. Sweltzer Creek is feeding muddy water into the river now so the lower river condition is pretty poor.

Pretty good morning for once. After losing just about every single fish in the past two or three days, three wilds and one hatchery fish were brought in. 100% landing ratio is always good regardless whether the fish can be kept or not. :)

https://instagram.com/p/9d3e71Nz0W/?taken-by=fishing_with_rod

TheLostSockeye

yeah lower vedder is murk! Very unfishable right now. At first light it was very good my second cast i got a 8-9lb wild doe. Ended up retaining 3 nice hatchs. My buddy there got a huge 10+lb wild buck and that thing was a slab of silver! I had to tail it for him what a beautiful fish! All in all i ended up with 3 wilds to the beach and many hookups for a few seconds then the hook comes and pops out.

Nicolas The Fisherman

Those are some beautiful coho TLS! Good work!

dobrolub

Snapshot time is in the right bottom corner.