Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any good deals at the Sportsman show?  (Read 8774 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Any good deals at the Sportsman show?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 07:13:09 PM »

Spent 17 bucks at the bar on chicken wings and beer instead of driving out there and back for another 10 bucks in gas. So I,ve 10 bucks to spend on beer.  ::)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »

Yup did not notice to many deals out there that I could not get at my local tackle shop, in fact I propably could get better. My son did find a good deal on a pocket knife at Army and Navy and I found a good deal on a Woods tri-pod chair, both of these items he needed for school. He also got some good info on hunting.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »

A family friend runs his booth there every year. Can I say it's Northern Rockies Lodge? ;) I came out yesterday afternoon to help dissect the display and cart out for them. I waddled around and saw nothing that made me whip open my wallet. I kinda liked those cool tent-ish trailers that folded out into a tent condo, but at 55 , I don't to spend hours of valuable holiday time putting something like that up, I find I prefer lodges, cabins and motels. My son, his wife and kids can benefit from my plethora of camping gear now. I can get my knife even sharper now from one of the info sessions. I had to walk in from New York as the parking lot was so full. $15 for 2 hot dogs on dried up stale buns and 2 cokes made me feel like I was at a Canucks game. And they charge for onions? :D Not mt cup of tea, but I'm a grumpy old fart that doesn't like crowds.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:52:28 PM by Novabonker »
http://

kid fisherman

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:17 PM »

Hey Geff if your son wants to learn more about hunting tell him to go look over on huntingbc.ca lots of good info over there.

cohoaaron

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »

Hey Geff if your son is taking the CORE course.. Don't buy a book to study from, you can use one of ours.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »

Novabonker were you ever taken with or of interest in Sylvester Stalone. Weird question I know but somehow I think I met you once. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »

Hey Geff if your son wants to learn more about hunting tell him to go look over on huntingbc.ca lots of good info over there.

Thanks for the link to the huntingbc site I will make sure that we look into it.

Hey Geff if your son is taking the CORE course.. Don't buy a book to study from, you can use one of ours.
Thanks for the offer Aaron but I already have the books. I am going to get him to read them as soon as we move into our new house in  2 weeks.  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 12:13:33 AM »

The hunting bc site is great source of info for hunters of all ages.there are tons og quality individuall that are more than willing to pass on thier knowledge.i personally like the female apprrciation thrrad the best.lol
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »

The hunting bc site is great source of info for hunters of all ages.there are tons og quality individuall that are more than willing to pass on thier knowledge.i personally like the female apprrciation thrrad the best.lol

well there is no better source then from a good friend  ;D Liam is pretty excited.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »

Novabonker were you ever taken with or of interest in Sylvester Stalone. Weird question I know but somehow I think I met you once. :)

More Clint Eastwood, although I can be a bit Rambo at times..... ;D
http://

kid fisherman

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »

That it is ;)