Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Island Fly Fishing HotSpots  (Read 2819 times)

LOKI

Island Fly Fishing HotSpots
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:29:28 AM »

Hi Everybody!

I'm a virgin to this site, and hope I am posting properly....Anyways, I am very new to Vancouver Island and am an avid fly fisherman.  I've been out on the cowichan river a couple of times near the Duncan bridge, but have not had much luck.  My father-in-law is coming to visit next weekend, and I would love to guide HIM around for once, and show him a few tricks from the Island Masters.  Can anyone share some spots that might be productive at this time that aren't 2far a drive from Victoria?  I'm not asking for your secret spots, just a good solid spot where we could be lucky assuming we know how to fish well, just not where! LOL!  Thank you to everyone who may respond, and if anyone needs some insider info on Okanagan Lakes, let me know, as that is where I came from!  Nice to meet all of you!  Tight Lines!!   ;)
Loki.

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re: Island Fly Fishing HotSpots
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »

Hey LOKI,
I've been on the Island for about 1.5 years now, there's a lot of fihsing to be done. I know for a fact that almost all the stocked lakes are being stocked this week, s that could be well worth a shot. Elk, Shawnigan, Langford lakes are all stocked this week, and I'm looking to hit some of them myself.

As for specifically fly spots, cna't really say much. There's a great shop on Douglas street in Victoria caled Island Outfitters, friendly staff who know their stuff, give them a shot if you're around www.fishingvictoria.com

Have fun, and explore what the Island has to offer.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

cburns

Re: Island Fly Fishing HotSpots
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 11:58:46 PM »

the folks at the store are a great resource to ask questions