Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Accident at Tamahi??  (Read 2673 times)

Taboo

Accident at Tamahi??
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:54:40 AM »

On my way out from the top of the Wack yesterday (around about 5:15 PM) I happened across multiple ambulances and police at the parking area just above Tamahi rapids. Looked like someone was strapped down in a stretcher complete with neck brace, etc.

Anyone know what happened?  Kayak accident?  There were also a number of Quad's in the area?  Quad accident?  Some snagger get beaten up?  :)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Accident at Tamahi??
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:00:08 AM »

How was the fishing? Heard the river was very muddy...

Taboo

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:12:21 AM »

I was way up near the top (above the clay banks)...very good visibility although the fishing was not too hot for me.  River is up about 6 inches compared to a week ago but colour was about the same. 

Stopped in to have a look at Ranger Run...holy snare fest.  Quite a few illegal Coho's retained on the far bank by guys dressed up as fishermen.  Halloweeen is OVER people.  Put the vest away and why don't you just bring your gaff hook....

allwaysfishin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:11 AM »

there should be a dedicated pair of CO's in camo/stealth mode, on the backside of the river up top from ranger to the hatchery. I have been fishing back there since the early 80's when few guys knew the trails in. These days i see 8 out of 10 guys back there practicing illegal methods and illegal retention. I guess they figure the CO's won't make the hike in and they are safe to do as they will. It doesn't help when there is a website out there catering to snaggers that gives the gps coordinates to the trail head..  >:(  :-[  :-[

bcguy

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:37:41 AM »

I wont be suprised if it was a kayak accident, there were alot of people practising there on Sunday, not all of them appeared skilled, and with the level of water goiing through there, I don't think it would take much to get hurt.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

brood dude

• i do it with both hands!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »

any of you guys call it in when you took off? if not , why not? i know that the cell coverage is not that great up there. ???
girls suck throw rocks at them!

Hollis

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 03:55:16 PM »

I was way up near the top (above the clay banks)...very good visibility although the fishing was not too hot for me.  River is up about 6 inches compared to a week ago but colour was about the same. 

Stopped in to have a look at Ranger Run...holy snare fest.  Quite a few illegal Coho's retained on the far bank by guys dressed up as fishermen.  Halloweeen is OVER people.  Put the vest away and why don't you just bring your gaff hook....

Hey Taboo. We will have to hook up one of these days, preferably during the week.
The Fish Wisperer

Taboo

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 05:38:33 PM »

Hey Taboo. We will have to hook up one of these days, preferably during the week.

I think if we talk service indicators and forbearance we might be able to swing it!  :o  Actually, how's your week shaping up?  I might be able to go Thurs/Fri.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 12:56:11 AM »

It doesn't help when there is a website out there catering to snaggers that gives the gps coordinates to the trail head..  >:(  :-[  :-[

When did Rodney posted directions to my fishing hole ? ;D