Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 67343 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Despite of today's periods of heavy rain, water clarity was staying pretty consistently good, as of 1:00pm anyway.

robbyvanz

nothing but rotting pinks everywhere.  They make great fertilizer for your garden.  Anyone catching any coho?  Any tips of what to use?  roe, chartreuse spinners?

thanks

sumasriver

Had a coho on for just a few seconds today in brown water. 10 inch vis.     I was using orange and silver coho 35 lure.

Guy next to me had a  10 lb coho follow up his pink croc to shore before veering away..... silver bullet.

Many many zombie pinks zig zagging around like tweekers on hastings......

robbyvanz

stupid question:  Do decaying zombie pinks deplete the oxygen level in the river?  Never smelt such a stench before. 

waepek

My brother in law and I went to some very popular areas today and manage to take home 7 cohos. I've never ever hooked on so many cohos in my life. Between him and I we probably hooked on over 20+ cohos. Here are the three hatcheries I manage to pull in. . Pls excuse my cell phone pics.

robbyvanz

My brother in law and I went to some very popular areas today and manage to take home 7 cohos. I've never ever hooked on so many cohos in my life. Between him and I we probably hooked on over 20+ cohos. Here are the three hatcheries I manage to pull in. . Pls excuse my cell phone pics.

good catch!!  What brand of reel is that?

fisherforever

Reel looks like a JW Young.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Pink and Orange yarn mixed....I dub it the "Coho Killer".... ;D. It's been working for me, I've never hooked so many fish.

waepek

Pink and Orange yarn mixed....I dub it the "Coho Killer".... ;D. It's been working for me, I've never hooked so many fish.

Tried spinners and some golden colorados but none of them were working so went back to the good ol yarn.  ;D

Outdoorsman

Was near the Vedder crossing today. Color pretty good. Saw some people land springs, a friend caught a coho. Pretty slow today action wise. Water is down from last week. Need some good rain but it's still a good day out.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Clarity was good when I left around dark, went up for the evening bite. Was very slow compared to last week. Landed at least two coho each trip where as tonight it was a couple springs and a chum. Only coho I saw was dangling off the end of my line and it was barely over the legal size limit by my guess. Here's to hoping it's better on Sunday.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River level is steadily dropping as expected with this dry weather. Water clarity is very good. The fishing is also not bad either.

scouterjames

• Old Timer

River level is steadily dropping as expected with this dry weather. Water clarity is very good. The fishing is also not bad either.

Rod (or anyone) been out in the last day or two?  How's the water looking?
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

gman

Rod (or anyone) been out in the last day or two?  How's the water looking?

I was out yesterday. As expected river was very low and clear. Overall it seemed to me like the fishing was slowing down a bit. There was a slight morning bite, then things slowed down even more when the sun got high. I managed to get one hatchery coho.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.