Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 67143 times)

robbyvanz

This website is here to educate.  I did not break any regs.  I was out to catch Coho, and I knew the regs for the fish I was targetting.  I always release any fish I can't identify or am not targeting.

my motto for hunting, shoot anything that moves.  LMAO.   ::)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:21:55 PM by robbyvanz »

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

This website is here to educate.  I did not break any regs.  I was out to catch Coho, and I knew the regs. 

my motto for hunting, shoot anything that moves.  LMAO.   ::)

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Here I fixed it for you...

"This website is here to educate.  I did not break any regs.  I was out to catch Coho, and I thought that I knew the regs. 

my motto for hunting, shoot anything that moves.  LMAO.

Shoot anything that moves? You actually have your hunting license?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

robbyvanz

I was joking.  The only thing I hunt are zombies
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:10:21 AM by robbyvanz »

MoeJKU

Why would anyone going fishing without first studying the regs ?

Would you go hunting  without knowing what you may or may not shoot ?

Crazy stuff happening on our rivers.

Would be great to see DFO seize fishing gear and vehicles for violations.  DFO calls a tow truck and you get your vehicle back a few weeks later after a fine is paid.

I guess seizing car is not really doable if guys are on the water. Surely seizing rod/reel and tackle box is pretty doable.

I have a lot of days that i go and strictly plan on CnR only, and i never use bait. When i go to a river like the vedder that i've been fishing for 10 years,   i sometimes don't always look. But if i go to any river that i don't frequently visit or am planning on keeping anything i will check night before and usually when i get their one my phone.

And i have seen then seize a vehicle and boat before so it is possible. Never knew what the guy did but it didn't look like he had a good day on the ocean. a guy at the launch said he shot a seal, but who knows.
And yes i believe that they should take peoples rods gear and fine them for certain things.

Its pretty simple, learn to identify fish, look at regs, fish with in the regs, and don't be a beak on the river.

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

so did anyone get out to the river today after the rain? any Reports of conditions? I'm curious, I was too busy today to drive down the road to see for myself.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

water lower then yesterday
The Bigger The Better!

jimstone

Fished the upper river opposite the road side of the limit and worked our way down a few hundred yards. The rain did nothing for the level but gave the water a little color until 1000 and then gin clear. The water is about as low as it ever gets and there are not many hiding spots for the fish. The jiggers on the road side caught a couple coho but for us roe worked OK but overall fishing has slowed considerably. Lots of red coho in the system and everything today was wild.You really notice all the garbage, man left debris and the stench of rotting fish when the water is so low. we need rain NOW

Tenz85

Rain is coming Friday and heavy accumulation for Saturday is forecasted.

milo

• Old Timer

we need rain NOW

No we don't. The river does.  ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Sandman

• Old Timer
Not all those who wander are lost

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Actually stayed fishable right thru the afternoon.
Although all I did today was wash the roe stains off my jacket and waders...
Tomorrows another story.

naka21

• Arie Nakagawa

Walked down to peach rd around 6 and the water was less then a foot vis and still raining heavy at the moment...

Stopes

Fished lower river this morning, water was up a little bit and had some nice colour. Hooked 4, lost 1, released 2 wilds and 1 big beauty hatch for dinner tonight. 1 chum as well that broke my 10lbs leader very easily.

swimmingwiththefishes

Was still a bit low for ideal coho fishing.  Amazing the difference from last year.  Was above 2 metres for a long period. This fishes much better and is ideal to find that pocket water.