Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old lady never lets me fish..what am i to do  (Read 8714 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Old lady never lets me fish..what am i to do
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »

Heck, I'm no therapist but my gut is that it's not about the fishing. The fishing is just a red herring (no pun intended) and there's something deeper, something else, going on in your relationship. All your efforts to negotiate fishing time won't get at the heart of the issue.  All behaviour makes sense; find out what's behind hers and why.

And that you referred to her as your "old lady" is kind of a red flag too...

yamadirt 426

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 08:11:24 AM »

Heck, I'm no therapist but my gut is that it's not about the fishing. The fishing is just a red herring (no pun intended) and there's something deeper, something else, going on in your relationship. All your efforts to negotiate fishing time won't get at the heart of the issue.  All behaviour makes sense; find out what's behind hers and why.

And that you referred to her as your "old lady" is kind of a red flag too...

Doc Clarki. Getting to the root of the problem. lol.  I married into a fishing family so I got lucky there. I also have a 11 mon old which has been strapped to me for over a dozen fishing adventures allready. I'm sure your wife does not know what fishing means to you and how it soothes your soul. The mind shuts down and its just you and the relaxing sound and look of the water. Everyone needs to switch the brain off once in a while. It sounds like she may be a bit needy. Not sure if there is an easy way of doing it but you will have to be strong and let her know that you need to get out min twice a month. Plan in advance and compromise like others have said. Keep the communication lines open. Show her the thread !  :o

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »

LOL ok i found a few responses amusing to say the least.... {this is his GIRLFRIEND} no not married lol
I have no problem with him going fishing if I got to go sometimes {and not just to keep the kids outta the water and happy}
                                                        if he would show some interest in what I like or want to do
                                                        if he wouldnt leave with the house in a disaster and pulled his weight around here
                                                        if when he says he wants to fish until noon he shows up ontime and not at 4pm
                                                        if he left at 4am not 8am lol
                                                        If he paid me lol
                                                        If he spends time with us rather then on video games when he is home
                                                        If he gets the ring ive been HINTING at for the past 3 years lol

There are always 2 sides to every story lol and thankyou for recomending the song "Im gonna miss her"  try "would you like fries with that " by tim mcgraw. LOL  Happy fishing boys ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

gheart008

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »

Give her a compromise.  She gets a day to go out with friends and you get a day to go out and do your thing. This way you both get a day. Problem solved!! If she is not understanding to this than well she is just being unreasonable and you need to put your foot down. Everyone needs "their" time. She needs her time and you need your time. Otherwise the marriage just wont work.

Spoken like a champ.

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

Well Mr. Cali - Miss Cali has set out some fine points (always 2 sides to a story - and somewhere in the middle is the truth  ;) ). 

Seems like most of the points that she brought up are quite easy to work on.  As pointed out by other members, a relationship involves work and compromises on both sides.  It generally takes two to 'Dance' and if done right, can lead to some beautiful 'Waltzes' or even a great 'Tango'.  ;D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 04:31:40 PM »

if I got to go sometimes {and not just to keep the kids outta the water and happy}
                                                        if he would show some interest in what I like or want to do
                                                        if he wouldnt leave with the house in a disaster and pulled his weight around here
                                                        if when he says he wants to fish until noon he shows up ontime and not at 4pm
                                                        if he left at 4am not 8am lol
                                                        If he paid me lol
                                                        If he spends time with us rather then on video games when he is home
                                                        If he gets the ring ive been HINTING at for the past 3 years lol

So Cali, pay some attention to your lady, stop being a slug, keep your word and your fishing woes are solved. See, it ain't about the fishin'... ;)