Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old lady never lets me fish..what am i to do  (Read 8715 times)

Funeral Of Hearts

Re: Old lady never lets me fish..what am i to do
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 02:26:50 PM »

Involve her in the trip. make it a day where you go out as a family for a picknick, do some fishing, spend some time with the family. I'm doing exactly that tomorrow ( i have a 4 month old and a 4 year old).

I also get out more often because I go at firest light and im back early enough that the day has just begun for her. That way She is really only awake with the kids for a couple hours in the morning, and then im home.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 03:17:35 PM »

Give her a compromise.  She gets a day to go out with friends and you get a day to go out and do your thing. This way you both get a day. Problem solved!! If she is not understanding to this than well she is just being unreasonable and you need to put your foot down. Everyone needs "their" time. She needs her time and you need your time. Otherwise the marriage just wont work.

Good advice.  If you put your foot down and she steps on it you have a problem though...

BTW...your kids aren't too old to take fishing.  My two year old boy was catching fish before his second birthday and my four year old daughter caught her first bullhead when she was two and a half :)

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 03:57:53 PM »

I wish i had family near me i probably would have no trouble goin out she doesnt have much family close tthat doesnt work.We are currentlt in negotiants for me to go out early for a few hours in the morning meaning if im lucky enough to go out i will be trying to stay close to surrey to maximize my fishin time.i honestly usually go to the vedder,which holes around me would be the best bet? thanks for all the feedback guys
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 03:59:29 PM »

i should spell check before posting  ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »

I put my boys in both chest and back packs and went for some light fishing numerous times.  At that age they would love just staring into the water, watching the dippers on the shore (little birds), listening to the sounds....its was a great time for them.  I think by age 3 they were too restless and would be climbing out of the back pack within 20 minutes. At least if you can take one then she doesnt feel like ya ditched her with your kids.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 04:57:58 PM »

You should consider looking into the fishing opportunities in Surrey. It's a much easier sales pitch to get away for two hours and fish locally than it would be take off for an entire day and drive out to Chilliwack.

Does your wife like eating fish? I've personally found it is always easier to get out onto the river when I've been bringing home fresh fish. If you get skunked you could always stop off at Save on Foods, buy some fish and put it into a fish bag and pretend like you caught it.  :o
Actions speak louder than words.

Noel

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 06:57:26 PM »

Its easier to get forgiveness than permission. Just go  ;D

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 07:43:02 PM »

i think bb2000 hit the nail right on the head ,marriage has to be give and take by both sides,a man needs his time to himself just as much as a women needs some time to her self wether or not there are kids involved,just because a peson is married with kids doesnt mean a guy has to stop doing what he or she loves to do even though being married and having kids does limit a persons freedom ,its all about compromise,i know i have a wife and 4 kids myself and as long as there has been compromise i fish and hunt pretty much were and when i want.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

What compromise? i hunt and fish whenever I want. 8). Happily married for 25 years, ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »

What compromise? i hunt and fish whenever I want. 8). Happily married for 25 years, ;D

When you coming down here Tad. We need to get some fishing in. Milo is back this weekend.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

colin6101

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 08:14:59 PM »

I think the early morning strategy works the best for a lot of people I know, we get out there by 6am, fishing until around 8 or 9, and then they head home (I get to stay, the pleasures of not being married yet) . They usually have days where they take the kids too though and their wives get to go out, this way its a win-win for everyone.

speycaster

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »

Just tell her no fishing then it's sex four times a day. ;D Or tell her your booking a few guided trips with April. ;D ;D

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 09:57:26 PM »

Its easier to get forgiveness than permission. Just go  ;D

lol.lol.lmao. Too funny! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i do that sometimes ;)

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »

Have you met your wife's boyfriend yet? jk. :) ;)

Brian

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

Involve her in the trip.

I dragged the whole family to Sooke Harbour for a 'vacation' because the townhouse/condo rentals + charter were a really good deal.

I made sure she had a tidal license with salmon tag so that she could catch crabs.  mmmm crabs from the dock.

I went out on a fishing charter at 6am, came back at 9am and got my wife and 3 year old son to come out and fish for pinks for a few hours.

"FISH ON DADDY!" "FISH ON MOMMY!" as my little boy reeled in his limit of pinks.

Now she understands why I like to go fishing, but doesn't understand why I came home empty handed all summer from trips out to the Vedder.

I had to explain that it's called 'fishing' not 'catching' haha.