Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sage rod repair.  (Read 2740 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Sage rod repair.
« on: October 31, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »

I got a sage factory rod and the tip eye is bent, and the 5th eye front the tip has lost its insert. Anyone have any good recommendations, or best to have sage deal with it? Thanks.
The Bigger The Better!

vapor

Re: Sage rod repair.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:48:43 PM »

Deal with Sage directly! I just got a blank replaced for a custom rod and they were fantastic! You could pay a store to do it for you but if you have a US PO box, its easy... and alot cheaper!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »

If it is just a problem with the eye I would just take it in to your local tackle shop. It's not difficult to replace them.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:13:59 AM »

It's not difficult to replace but if the rod breaks again anywhere near the fix it will void your warranty.
Send it back to the manufacturer.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 09:05:11 AM »

I am not sure about that warranty comment.  I closed a fly rod in a car door and got a replacement at no cost (except for shipping) so how/why would a guide replacement at a local shop void warranty?  Sage puts out a ton of blanks which certified shops and hobby builders make up....warranty on a blank is no different than factory.  I would doubt that comment and would confirm with a shop.

You will pay $50 for shipping alone or maybe $15-20 for a local shop to replace the guide.  one will be less than a week, the other will (sage) will probably be closer to 2+ weeks.

Answer is pretty clear to me.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 09:19:55 AM »

Either talk to a local shop that carries Sage or contact Sage directly and ask them. From what I know Sage honors their warranties with little or no question. I find it doubtful that they'd dishonor a warranty because you had guides replaced by a competent rod builder.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

poper

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 11:53:42 AM »

Take it to Hatch Matcher in maple ridge