Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tsawwassen Mills Bass Pro  (Read 15540 times)

243Pete

Re: Tsawwassen Mills Bass Pro
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 10:46:37 PM »

Save some gas.

I'd probably stop in for a look if I was driving through Tsawwassen which is not very often.

https://youtu.be/6dG9aiW9RUQ

https://youtu.be/VXZynNiGcWc

Hmm... some of the related link videos show that sturgeon swimming around that tank with it's nose high up out of the water, and some of those trout look ready to flop dead....

Free four hour parking??!?!?  :o

Dogbreath

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 12:00:22 PM »

Free parking for four hours, sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

That is a good deal.

It just occurred to me-how long before people start  using that lot then take the free shuttle to BC Ferries for overnight trips to the Island?

Of course all the mall has to do is hire even more security to check cars after car after car thus raising their overhead and eventually prices across the board.

69Charger

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 07:44:38 PM »

I was pretty impressed with selection of the fishing gear. Saw tackle that I couldn't find in any local shop.
Good selection of other stuff besides fishing as well. A little out of my way, but if the local shops won't provide what I want, then I'll go to BP.

lightsorcerer

• Leather Fly Fishing Wallets
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »

Spend your money at local Canadian tackle shops.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

69Charger

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 11:36:48 AM »

Spend your money at local Canadian tackle shops.
Not when they don't carry what I'm looking for and are unwilling to order. Certain local shops also seem to have bad attitudes.
I do like army and navy's selection and some CTC 's are fair.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »

Or when they employ convicted poachers.

lmao shots fired
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

trootn

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »

Or when they employ convicted poachers.

Can we have more info on this??

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »

I checked out Bass Pro on the weekend for the first time, though I have been ordering through the mail order service for almost 20 years. I did not spend a lot of time in the store because I had to leave early for dinner. It felt very classic Bass Pro and I was glad that they didn't stock lures made for the B.C. market because I could go to my local sporting good/tackle stores for that. As the name implies, it's Bass Pro, and there's an excellent selection of bass specific lures that isn't found anywhere else in BC, maybe with the exception of Cabela's, as I've never been to Cabela's before. The store is really for the bass fisherman or those who love classic bass lures or bass specific tackle.

Though, honestly, I could not imagine in 100 years that a Bass Pro Shops would open in the Lower Mainland, as an Orvis store would probably make a lot more sense.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2016, 01:59:27 PM »

Came out over a thousand lighter. Trying not to go back but their sending me a discount card. :'(
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 02:14:55 PM »

Long_Cast.  Its funny that you mention the bass gear there, as there is tons of it.  The problem is, the die hard bass guys that I know find the bass gear selection here at Basspro shops severely lacking.  None of the newer super productive lures and quality hardware.

I can't understand why they use the same retailing at all locations instead of relying on local knowledge to help stock their shelves.  There is just TONS of stuff that will NEVER sell here fishing tons of shelf space.

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 03:14:39 PM »

For BC largemouth bass fishing fans, I find the selection is amazing and it is consistent for what I've always known at Bass Pro Shops and you won't any of the stuff at Army and Navy, Berry's, Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire and mom and pop stores. However, some of their other stuff, like fishing reels are very expensive. I've always known Bass Pro Shops carrying some of the lowest prices for reels and even rods, but that wasn't the case when I visited the store.

West

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 12:16:25 PM »

Went out last night to have a look.  I like the variety of pretty much everything to do with fishing, the fly fishing section seems very well stocked. 
The place was empty by the way, but the restaurant was packed.  Didn't see any "great deals" on anything, with the exception of a pontoon boat that would look great on Okanagan Lake with me in it :)

Shmoke Shaman

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 08:55:53 PM »

I actually found it to be pretty good. It's a great place for beginners/intermediate fishermen and they have a huge variety of gear for all fishing techniques.
Sure if your a pro who already has everything like $2000 set ups and $900 waders then you obviously buy your gear from somewhere else so you would have no need to go there.
I actually found a decent spin rod for under $100 and I did not see this rod anywhere else.
Oh and the food at Uncle Bucks sucked.

Zackattack

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 08:15:40 PM »

I LOVED going to Bass Pro every trip I went back east to visit my sis so I was excited for this opening...
However, I was extremely dissapointed.
A flyer delivered to my house before opening showed how they had hired a fishing dept. manager who had lots of local knowledge so I thought it might exceed my expecations (which I admit were not high in terms of expectations for localized tackle).

I went there with the intention of buying 4 things: seaguar blue label leader, unweighted jig hooks, GOOD marabou, and DNE floats.

Nope, they did not carry any of those... pretty standard west coast tackle too...haha

Dogbreath

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2016, 10:45:24 AM »

repost from SFBC

Finally made it out today pretty much like I expected  some disappointments but a few surprises.

Most things from the catalogues are nowhere to be seen.

Momoi Diamond line?

Nope

Quality ball bearing swivels?

Nope

DOA  lures?

Nope

Neoprene case for a Calcutta 7000?

Nope

Plano worm binder for Hootchie storage?

Huh?Nope

Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnows?

Nope

Happy to see Maxima Chameleon haven't seen any in this country for 10 years maybe more.

For all that people are saying Bass Pro doesn't cover saltwater Salmon fishing I saw all kinds of gear P-Line hootchies have some great colours and lots of Yamashita product, Matrixx spoons are murder and BP has all sizes/all colours, flashers galore all sizes; the river gear is all there too as is the Halibut stuff lots of larger skirts for dressing up baits good prices on those.

Never looked @ the rods don't need any the reels were all there Peetz, Islander you name it.

Couldn't care less about the clothing why would I want to dress like someone from Woss?

Definitely the biggest disappointment was trying to get some lunch following directions I walked into a bowling cave full of howling screaming children when I indicated I couldn't hear what the hostess was saying she led me to a far corner of Uncle Bucks but the noise was still too much I left hungry & dehydrated.

From time to time I drive a bus out to the nearby village so I might be back one day but having spent a lot of time on the net lately looking for specialty tackle I know what BP offers on their website is generally knockoffs and lower grade options so they won't be seeing much money from me.

It wasn't a total bust though I did come home with some bathroom reading