Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tsawwassen Mills Bass Pro  (Read 15538 times)

mcallagan

Tsawwassen Mills Bass Pro
« on: October 06, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »

Anybody been there yet??

Any good opening deals to be had??

Electroman

Re: Tsawwassen Mills Bass Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:03:34 PM »

I haven't gone yet but do want to check it out.

Might give it some time to let the crowds die down.

Dogbreath

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »

LOL!

I came here looking for a report too!

Ryan.maccie

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:49 PM »

Dont.. theres really nothing you wont find at your local tackle shop, or wholesale.

If you want to see a tank full of fish that are beat to cupcakes, busted up fins, missing scales and dull colors, along with a sturgeon swimming at the top of it go ahead.   Not a great representation of what Bc's fishing is IMO.  Not something I plan on supporting either.

phatwop

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 09:59:06 PM »

Similar to Cabela's, lots of lures with triple barbed hooks on them & watching the sturgeon swim around with it's head poking out the surface of the water was painful.

mko72

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »

Same deal. Local tackle shops always seem to have the right stuff for local spots instead of a generic, oversized, treble hooked, produced for the whole world tackle.

But if you want every possible colour of Powerbait then you're laughing.

Tylsie

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »

Same deal. Local tackle shops always seem to have the right stuff for local spots instead of a generic, oversized, treble hooked, produced for the whole world tackle.

But if you want every possible colour of Powerbait then you're laughing.

Do they have the original brown nuggets that come a zip-lock bag? The only place I have found that stuff in recent years was at a wally world way down south. They are basically the exact same food that all of the hatchery fish are fed until they are released, just pressed into balls. The fish can't resist them. Great for the kids

Ambassador

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 04:49:05 PM »

Local tackle shops always seem to have the right stuff for local spots instead of a generic, oversized, treble hooked, produced for the whole world tackle.
Figured that might be the case. I haven't bothered with it yet as I got my hopes up with Cabelas months back and wasn't overly impressed - and I'm sure this is a near carbon copy (but with a bonus Sturgeon!). I will likey go see for myself so not be ignorant - but personally I find that whole complex to be a bit of a stain on the Lower Mainland. Goodbye to valuable ALR land in place of mountains of Pike, Bass and Walleye lures.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 07:11:51 AM »

On a side note , Bass Pro just made an offer to purchase Cabelas in a Monday announcement.

http://www.omaha.com/money/bass-pro-s-purchase-of-cabela-s-catching-you-up/article_fafbcd28-899c-11e6-9d7d-bfeeddfa2bd9.html
It ain't the roe bro'

Sr SQ

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:57 AM »

I visited yesterday, must say even though my expectations were low......it sucked IMO
I have been to BP all over the USA and this was likely the worst stocked 150K square foot fishing store for our local fishery.
The fly shop was silly and prices across the store were very high IMO
I get that they have a corporate model to follow but as far as Im concerned its a tee shirt shop.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 09:10:45 AM »

Save some gas.

I'd probably stop in for a look if I was driving through Tsawwassen which is not very often.

https://youtu.be/6dG9aiW9RUQ

https://youtu.be/VXZynNiGcWc

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »

I'm thinking of heading out there to pick up Mrs. Damien some pink PJ's with a camoflagued tone to it.  Some even have an embossed four point buck on the front.

I think she'll love to find those under the tree this Christmas.  Maybe some new bedding with wolves on it.

Oh, and some musky lures.  Y'know, since you're there, you might as well stock up right?

West

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 12:48:27 PM »

I got a great 1/2 price deal on a Quantum fire combo for my son last month at Cabela's, I assume BPS is the same.  Great rod and reel selections and lots of stuff you didn't think you needed before.   
Overall, I think they would do better somewhere like Prince George where there are lots of game hunters.

Ambassador

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 03:33:57 PM »

Warning to anyone heading out that way this Thanksgiving weekend - or to the Tsawwassen ferry terminals for that matter. People were reportedly getting stuck in the parking lot for up to 4 hours yesterday, and is a complete s*%tshow again today. Highway 17 backed up 2km before the turnoff to get in.
Check this out:
http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/tsawwassen-mills-traffic-photos

On a brighter side - great parking around Pacific Angler today - and all the relevant local gear - with the exception of Damien's sweeeeet sounding pink PJ's  :D

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:36:09 PM by Ambassador »
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 03:55:08 PM »

Free parking for four hours, sounds like a pretty good deal to me.