Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: missing fisherman, christopher vang.  (Read 3277 times)

wonder

missing fisherman, christopher vang.
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »

He Loved His Family, Fiance, and Fish, and May Never Hold Them in His Arms Again

Your Support Will Make the Difference!

Christopher Vang was last seen on September 12th around 6:30pm, being swept away by the current in the Fraser River at Peg Leg, in Chilliwack, after heroically leaping to aid in the successful rescue of his 2 friends and fellow fishermen.

His family is looking forward to bring closure to this ordeal.

If you have any information regarding his possible whereabouts , please contact Cpl. Randy Dixon at the Chilliwack RCMP: 604.792.4611 or dial 911

Or, if you would like to aid in continuing the search (providing a power boat, searching downstream etc.), please contact Mike Vang: 778.808.0996 or John Vang: 778.240.0272

His one-of-a-kind heart and heroic spirit deserves better.

What would you do if this was your son/brother/friend, and didn’t know their whereabouts?

Join the Facebook Search Team! The name of the Facebook group is "MissingChrisVang"

Thank You, and God Bless.

brysonk

Re: missing fisherman, christopher vang.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 05:39:43 PM »

I work with Phia his father and my heart truly goes out to him and his family. This is so sad...

milo

• Old Timer
Re: missing fisherman, christopher vang.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:36:43 AM »

:-[
My heart goes out to his family and friends. What a tragic loss of a son and sibling.

May his death not be in vain:

Do not use hip waders - they are a death trap if you fall in moving water.
Do not attempt to rescue anyone unless you are a strong swimmer and equipped with a working PFD.

Make no mistake: bad things do happen to good people.