Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multi-Bar Report - Sept02  (Read 1657 times)

WestEast

Multi-Bar Report - Sept02
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:37:54 PM »

My third BB session ever. Got to Peg Leg at 8am, drive over to the far east side which had one "space" left. Stuck it till 11am. Nought. Nothing. Nada. Didn't see anyone on that stretch with anything either. Quite a few people quitting where I was, a line up on the way out. Decided to spend some time checking out the book 'Fishing Fever" spots. So next stop - Gill Bar. No one fishing at the bar, but lots of boat trailers so they all went somewhere. Deep, slow flow - nice place to launch a boat if I ever manage to get one. Onwards - Ferry Island Bar. Five fishers on the eastern end. Watched for half hour. Someone caught a minnow. That was it. Next stop - McDonald Road Bar, across the bridge. Nice wide bar, lots of campers and boat trailers. Found a nice stretch of BB flow, and rigged up to spend a few hours. Not a twitch. My fisher neighbour had nothing either. 2pm. Time to head home. Where did the sox go.....?  ???  I think I'll stick to trout.  :-\

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
Re: Multi-Bar Report - Sept02
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 09:23:20 PM »

fished out accross from old orchard today an had my limit within an hour. Buddy of mine took a while longer. Man... was iit ever hot out today. All are fish were caught close to shore !!! ;D

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 12:54:53 AM »

Were soxs beginning to get colour?  Saw several red ones today.

lovetofish

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:57:06 AM »

Fished Friday and landed one that was turning red. After bringing it in noticed that most of his tail was gone. Don't think he would of made it very much further.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 02:41:59 PM »

Certainly more red ones caught now than earlier on in the year, but thats just the way it works.  They have to start changing at some time or another.  Also, still very tasty  ;D

chum boy

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 04:17:54 PM »

All the fish i saw and caught were really nice looking