Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sox Aug 15 + Commercial  (Read 1335 times)

weizen

Sox Aug 15 + Commercial
« on: August 15, 2006, 03:49:53 PM »

Went out to my fav sox bar early this morning with 4 others, the fish were there in a plenty.  We had our 10 on the beach, cleaned and off the bar by 8 AM.  1 Spring brought in which was nice to see.

Crossed the Port Mann earlier, the river was FULL of commercial vessels, let's hope some of them made it through, lot's of nets in the water for sure.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Re: Sox Aug 15 + Commercial
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 04:45:02 PM »

Very nice, jealous as always.  Struck out for the 1st time ever sockeye fishing a week ago and its nice to see continued success to get the hopes back on fire again.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 09:25:09 PM »

I have only gotten out to a river once this year with ok sucess! Man what i would give to get out and feel the power of a fish again! Especially if i were to hook up on one of those big lunkers! But i'm heading out to the THompson and i'm hopeing to hook a big one in one of its runs! THat river was packed last year with fish and i only got out to it once!  I did manage to catch a steelie on the vedder though it was #2 ever!  But if the sockeye and the springs are running strong like u said, than i will probably head out in the next week with my dad!
Fish killer 101

weizen

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 09:29:02 PM »

YG:  Get out if you can, it sure feels good having a fish on the end of your line.  Even the sox are a fun haul.  Of course we're all hoping for that big spring on, but for us rookies (me anyway) it's wishfull thinking!