Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River Bar Fishing  (Read 1425 times)

Chum Slayer

Vedder River Bar Fishing
« on: June 18, 2023, 09:04:41 PM »

So with the Vedder opening in the next 3 weeks, I was wondering if anybody has ever tried bar fishing the river. I was thinking since the river will be so high would it be worth it to try bar fishing the river for the first part of the season until the river becomes more suitable for other techniques? Also, what is the pink salmon forecast for this year? With the flooding in 2021, I imagine the run this year will be dismal.

Chum Slayer

cammer

• I'm a llama!
Re: Vedder River Bar Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 11:39:01 PM »

I think if u get the right spot , this technique will produce!  I’m guessing somewhere near second week of July ,enough of a push combined with height would be perfect timing !  If you watch videos of ship creek in Alaska they “plunk “ spin n glows and get fish regularly plus it’s a hell of a lot easier on the back sitting in a Lawn chair !   Key is to find that travel lane on the river that won’t interfere with a popular drift fishing spot. !   Keep us posted if you try.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 07:38:20 AM »

Works well for white springs in the lower during highwater, no reason it would be different for reds

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 10:08:35 AM »

The river is not as high as other years for this time of the year, which is a little concerning. With the Fraser dropping fast, I'd say there'll be a lot more float fishable waters in the lower stretch this July.