Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder river  (Read 4728 times)

fishfulthinkin

Re: vedder river
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »

most of my outings so far have been late afternoon until sundown.. some luck but im thinking morning is the time to be in at.

BBarley

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:22 AM »

All I've seen is people commenting on the early morning success on the Vedder, I'm surprised this makes such a difference when I have typically not noticed a difference in this regard from my own experience.

Curious if anyone fished Lickman Rd. today for trout??

fishfulthinkin

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »

i was out around lickman today, a little further down and on the other side of the river..
was fly fishing a floating tip with a dry fly, no hits unfortunantly.
although there was a man and his 2 kids not far away that had been there for a while just finding caddis hatches in the water and hooking them under their bobbers
they got a few rainbows of sizes which they figured were decent enough to take home. along with a few squawfish in which they were pitching into a rocked off section
of pool they created off to the side. in hopes to keep them out of the main flow i guess? haha it was kind of his kids little side project, but they looked to be having fun.

anyways i wasnt there long, i didnt have any leader material with my to change to a sinking tip and try that for a bit but i was more or less just down having a look anyways.

~thinkin'