Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River Access?  (Read 4461 times)

Wulff Man

Vedder River Access?
« on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:43 PM »

a question about accessing the river. i was walking the area between Osborne road and the public access park area to the west - i couldnt tell waht was private and where the park ended. Some residences there have no tresspassing signs while others seem to permit public access. what are the rules for private property anyways - does it extend right to the waters edge? obviously you cant walk through peoples land, but can they chase you off the river if you access it from side?Thanks...

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Vedder River Access?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »

It is usually the high water mark. This changes if the river changes course and ends up cutting threw someones land. This has happened below from where you were fishing in an area called ways field. The best advice would be that if you do not know if it is private land just respect the signs, this way there will be less headaces when the owner comes out.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »

There are 3 seperate properties located next to the river between the park and Osborne road that you are referring too. Two of those propertys require you too walk on the dike to get around there properties. The funny part is, the residence next to osborne road does not want anyone crossing his property or the dike in front of his house. He said he has a 100 year deed to half way in the river, and he will give you cupcakes if he saw you. (his son and grandson are supposably part of the hells angles) The neighbor next to him, is really friendly, and I dont think he could careless if you crossed, but as long as you respect his property. I big problem is the amount of garbage that people leave behind when fishing, which is probably another reason why they dont want people crossing/ fishing this area.

The Bigger The Better!

Wulff Man

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »

thanks for the helpful info....i spoke with a friendly chap who owns the place next to the park and he was a cool dude. As long as folks are walking in from the park he seems to have no problem with them being down at the river... unfortunately the theres no decent water there for now.

jon5hill

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »

If you go down osborne road you will see a small bar where 2 parts of the river reform, a nice confluence where red springs are likely to sit. Im not sure how to get to the other side, but fishing from the Osborne road side is near impossible unless you have a giant net. There is a hells angels sticker on the No Trespassing sign so I'd probably avoid trying to go down the bank and walk across. There's also a sign that says something like, "Screw the Dog, Beware of Owner!"

In any event, go down the road to Thompson Park and walk through the trail to the right, keep going and you'll eventually see a fishermens trail across a very shallow creek. Keep going through the woods and you'll hear the river roaring, follow your nose and you'll be at one of the best steelhead spots I know. It was once referred to as Shellers, and my Grandfather spoke of this spot with reverence back in the day.

It's fast moving relatively shallow water with large boulders, similar to structure around lickman/peach road and very clear, you could Fly fish with no impediment on this bar, and I bet it would be lethal for steelhead fishing. It's the first place I'm going to on December 26th.

Regards,

Jonathan Hill

speycaster

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »

Now that you have told 16 million people about the spot i do not think you will lack for company. Especially on December the 26th which just happens to be derby day i believe. ;D ;D ;D  Better start for the spot at 02.30 hrs.

jon5hill

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

Maybe I'm throwing everyone off so I can go to my favorite spot at Lickman with no company ;)

nosey

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 02:56:42 PM »

GL on that one, lol, there are virtually no private spots on the Vedder giving people info on where and how to fish is what forums are all about, don't sweat it just find ur own run and fish.

rides bike to work

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »

Ive fished the spot on osborn road in front of the property with no problem many times I always stay down close to the river to respect his privacy but it has never been a problem.You can also access the same water from the other side by driving down the road from tamahi theres tones of good water down that road.