Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any good black friday deals?  (Read 4468 times)

Iyekim76

• Facebook Mike-SL
Re: Any good black friday deals?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »

If you look hard enough, you'll find great deals online. Picked up a Lamiglass XMG 50 EXC89MT for $99. Working two jobs makes you really think twice about purchasing big ticket items. Was hoping to find a Spey rod but ended up with this new gear for my homeless Abu Garcia Orra SX. I'm happy with my new acquisition!
---------------------¿<•}},'-'{]~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 10:37:01 PM »

You might find cheap deals online or bigger stores, but I don't see them putting back into the fisheries like small stores do.  Most of the LML's smaller shops were well represented at the SSBC Spius Creek fundraiser on Wednesday.  The extra couple dollars on the price tag is well worth what they supply back to the resources.  Furthermore, small shops have knowledge that no big stores seem to have.  Consider that before spending you dollars at the bigger establishments.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »

You might find cheap deals online or bigger stores, but I don't see them putting back into the fisheries like small stores do.  Most of the LML's smaller shops were well represented at the SSBC Spius Creek fundraiser on Wednesday.  The extra couple dollars on the price tag is well worth what they supply back to the resources.  Furthermore, small shops have knowledge that no big stores seem to have.  Consider that before spending you dollars at the bigger establishments.

How many kids do you support Matt? I have 3. Your still young and have not had to have the bills that some of us do. I shop everywhere. My local shop gets a good chunk but if I can get something for $100 cheaper I am going to do it.

I donated to the SSBC by way of Pay Pal. I give back by showing up at cleanups when I can. I dont have to feel guilty about anything. What I hate is how some people try to knock people for shopping at anywhere but a local shop ( not singling you out Matt as your post is not one of the ones I am talking about now )

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 05:56:48 AM »

I think everybody wants value for thier hard earned dollars.Personally I buy most of my big ticket items in Alberta because i dont pay H.S.T.The Fishing hole,Wholesale sports and the new Cabellas is where i like to shop on my way home from the patch.However i do spend money in my local shop as well,just not as much.